ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-2 OR 5 years as a dependant, visa gap-confusing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doc44
- thin ice -

ILR-2 OR 5 years as a dependant, visa gap-confusing

Post by doc44 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi all,

I am on TIER 2 general visa and will apply for ILR in few months time.

My wife was with me as work permit dependant for 2.5 years before and then tier 2 dependent visa now given for 1.5 years. She got her entry clearnace as tier 2 dependent before july 2012. Problem is that there is a gap of 2 months between the two dependant visas.

Can she apply for ILR with me? She is living with me for the last 4 years in UK other than that 2 month visa gap, there is a 2 month visa gap between and latest visa is of 1.5 years not 2. Should she apply for ILR? OR FLR (M) for 6 months.

If she applies for 6 months extension using FLR (m), will 2 years probabtion time or 5 years time will be applicable on her. Kindly advise, very confused and worried. Thanks.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: ILR-2 OR 5 years as a dependant, visa gap-confusing

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:38 pm

doc44 wrote:Hi all,

My wife was with me as work permit dependant for 2.5 years before and then tier 2 dependent visa now given for 1.5 years. She got her entry clearnace as tier 2 dependent before july 2012. Problem is that there is a gap of 2 months between the two dependant visas.

Can she apply for ILR with me? She is living with me for the last 4 years in UK other than that 2 month visa gap, there is a 2 month visa gap between and latest visa is of 1.5 years not 2. Should she apply for ILR? OR FLR (M) for 6 months.

If she applies for 6 months extension using FLR (m), will 2 years probabtion time or 5 years time will be applicable on her. Kindly advise, very confused and worried. Thanks.
Was your wife inside or out of UK during the 2 month period you are concerned about?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

doc44
- thin ice -

Re: ILR-2 OR 5 years as a dependant, visa gap-confusing

Post by doc44 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:48 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
doc44 wrote:Hi all,

Was your wife inside or out of UK during the 2 month period you are concerned about?
Thanks. She was outside UK back to our home country for 2 months and she applied for entry clearance as a TIER 2 dependent.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Your wife can apply as a dependent on your application, at the same time.

Please read Q12 on stick link http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:51 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Your wife can apply as a dependent on your application, at the same time.

Please read Q12 on stick link http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

Many thanks wpilr_nov12, really helpful and a big relief. Thanks a million.