ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring a General Visitor - Documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Sponsoring a General Visitor - Documents

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi all,

I like to sponsor (flight tickets, accomodation and food) my parents' visitor visa.

What documents should a sponsor provide to support a general visitor's application?
The documents we need will depend on the circumstances of the case. We may ask you to send us:
- evidence of your own immigration status in the United Kingdom; and
- a letter of sponsorship explaining your relationship to the person who is applying, the purpose of the visit and where your general visitor will stay.

If you will provide financial support and accommodation for your general visitor and/or pay for his/her travel to the United Kingdom, you should send us the following as evidence that you are able to do so:
- copies of your bank or building society statements and payslips for the last six months; or
- a copy of your savings account book.

Last time in October 2011, when I had sponsored Family Visitor visa for my in-laws, I had sent Bank statements and Payslips, both originals, for last 6 months. With new rule coming into effect from July, my parents will have to apply General Visitor visa as I am yet not settled (ILR) in UK. Based on above link, I need to supply COPY of both for last 6 months.

But many of friends, who have previously sponsored visitors, say, they mostly furnished both for last 3 months, not 6.

Could you please share your experience? 3 or 6? Most, importantly, I like to know if COPY of (scanned) statements and payslip will be good to go?

I have already planned to furnish Utility bills for last 3 months and last Council Tax receipt.

Thanks,
Rajesh

ritabh
Newly Registered

Post by ritabh » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:06 am

My friends applied for visitor visas for their mother/father-in-laws and they sent only photo copies of salary slips and bank statements of the last 3 months only. But in one case my friend's in-laws were doctors so they were able to show their own income and in second case my friend's in laws provided letter from CA stating their assets and property values. But in both the cases they got visa easily.