ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed in filling of passport application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asu1z
Newly Registered

Help needed in filling of passport application form

Post by asu1z » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:24 am

Dear forum members

I am in process of filling an application form for British passport. I have some confusion which I would like to clarify with your help:

1. During filling of application form if any mistake is made then how to correct it? For example, if I had to write London and by mistake I have written Lundon in the boxes then how to correct it. I have consulted the guidance notes that came along with the application form but that only tells that you should cross out any mistake you have made but it does not tell how to rewrite the mistake.... I will be thankful if someone can answer.

2. How to correct if I have ticked the wrong check box. How to refill it after crossing the mistake.

3. In section 3, do I need to give details of my overseas passport with all previous visas including ILR.

4. Do I need to send me current passport with ILR with this application.?

I look forward to read your comments. Thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:25 am

1,2) it is safer just to get another form from the post office (it's free).
3) yes. All valid passports you hold.
4) yes. All valid passports you hold.

I suggest you read the passport guide again. It is all listed there.

asu1z
Newly Registered

Post by asu1z » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:11 pm

I have confirmed by calling IPS about correcting the mistakes:

I am told if any mistake is made then you should black out the box and continue on the next box. For example, if you have done a spelling mistake, for example Lundon then you need to fill new form. But if you stop as soon as mistake is made then you can continue from the following box. For example, if you make a mistake 'Lu' stop here 'black out the box with u and in the next box start from 'ondon'

If you have ticked the wrong check box then black it out completely and fill the alternative one.

Hope this helps the future applicants.

lilla
Newly Registered

Post by lilla » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:08 pm

hi i hope someone can help me with a similar issue

when i filled in the naturalisation form i put my mum's place of birth down as (for example) Lundon but the correct place is London so if put down the correct spelling now for my passport application form is that ok? or do i need fill out the form as exactly as what i wrote in my naturalisation form?

thanks