ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Paying application fee from the maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shridharms
Newly Registered

Urgent: Paying application fee from the maintenance

Post by shridharms » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:33 am

Hello all,

Category: Tier 1 general extension

I'm applying for my visa next week. Can I use my maintenance funds to pay for my application fee of £1500?

Also can anyone please tell me the timeframe to apply for my extension? Some say it cannot be more than 28 days before but the website says at least a month before. I'm very confused.

Please suggest.

Many thanks

Shri

mdave
Newly Registered

Post by mdave » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:31 pm

You can apply for extension before 1 month. I had applied 3 months before my visa expiry. But if you apply more than 1 month before expiry, your extension may start from the application date and not the expiry of the current visa. This may cause you problems in completing 5 years for ILR.

shridharms
Newly Registered

Post by shridharms » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Thank you so much for replying mdave! Can you also please tell me if I can my use my maintenance funds to pay for my application?

As in I have more than £1500 in my savings account. And that is what I intend to show for my maintenance. Is it ok if the amount falls below £900 after the application fees being paid from the same account?

I hope I havent confused you. Thanks!

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:45 pm

You need to show 1500 pounds as maintenance fund for you and your dependent and I think you can't touch it as this amount should remain in your account till the visa is approved.

What if UKBA verifies the account balances during visa processing and find it below the required 1500 threshold.

I would maintain it without taking any risk. Seniors can advise you better.

shridharms
Newly Registered

Post by shridharms » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:28 am

@Tier1_aspirant_del-- Thanks for your reply.. It makes complete sense. I just wanted to confirm and I have been hearing mixed responses. I think I can pay by credit card in that case. Your reply is much appreciated.