ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Checking Service. What exactly does it state ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Molten Gold
Newly Registered

Employer Checking Service. What exactly does it state ?

Post by Molten Gold » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi

I recently sent in my Tier 4 visa for a four month extension. In the meantime, I was offered a full-time, non-permanent job which I accepted. I can work full-time since it's a non-permanent position and non-term time. My course ends in the last week of Sept. after which I can work full-time anyway.

Since my passport and permit are with UKBA, I gave the employer the acknowledgement letter from UKBA which they have sent to the Home Office to check my eligibility to work.

Since I know very little about this, could someone please tell me what exactly the reply from Home Office will be and what will be written in the email response from them ? I do not want to lose this job just because they couldn't find my application or something on those lines.

Thanks.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:23 pm

The letter from UKBA will confirm whether or not you have a right to work. If you had right to work under your previous visa or leave to remain and you made an in time application for further leave to remain then they should be able to confirm that. Normally the response time is 5 working days.

Molten Gold
Newly Registered

Post by Molten Gold » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:30 am

bruteforce wrote:The letter from UKBA will confirm whether or not you have a right to work. If you had right to work under your previous visa or leave to remain and you made an in time application for further leave to remain then they should be able to confirm that. Normally the response time is 5 working days.
Thanks bruteforce :)

I had the right to work as per my previous student visa and it was an in-time application, so guessing that won't be an issue. Is there a minimum time-limit after which the Home Office can see my application in the system ? Or is the acknowledgement letter with the reference number enough for them to find my application and confirm the same to the prospective employer.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid. But I just want to be doubly-sure. Will also keep this thread updated as and when I get an update.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:27 am

The employer checking service is only available to the employers. They can only provide information through email if the correct form is filled and sent to them via email. The only thing they ask in the form is employer's name and address and then prospective or existing employee's name and date of birth and any reference number (if known / applicable)

If u
Your employer has filled the correct form and emailed them then they should get the reply within 5 working days.

Hope this helps

Molten Gold
Newly Registered

Post by Molten Gold » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:58 am

Sure does.

Thanks a ton :)

Molten Gold
Newly Registered

Post by Molten Gold » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:12 pm

An update guys:

The very bright (sarcasm) people at UKBA could not confirm my application. The employer is not ready to hire me without it.

When I called up the helpline, I was told they are facing a delay in updating their database and to try again in 2-3 weeks.

Is there anything I can do. Totally stuck here :(

alooma2
Newly Registered

employment checking service

Post by alooma2 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 am

Hell Molten Gold, i would like to know if you have got any update,from the employment checking service since their last update?
am asking,because am in the same boat as yourself

tier1appeal
Newly Registered

Post by tier1appeal » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Any update on ECS? I'm in a similar situation...My prospective employer has sent the form to UKBA...

How much time it takes for them to come back?