ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my regular saver be my maintenance fund?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

e2tony2000
Newly Registered

Can my regular saver be my maintenance fund?

Post by e2tony2000 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:37 am

Hi, everyboday.
I am current holding the Tier1 general and recently I have to do the extension a litter earlier than my previously planned time. So, my problem is there is 5 days that my blance in bank account are less than £900.

But, I have a HSBC regular saver with enough money. So, could anybody help me confirm if home office accepts the regular saver as my maintenance fund on current T1 extention cases? HSBC gives bank statement for this regular saver account every half year, and good thing for me is that the statement dated to 7 July which covers my 5 balance-problem days

Thank you

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:45 am

If you have instant access to the money it will be fine.

e2tony2000
Newly Registered

Post by e2tony2000 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Lucapooka wrote:If you have instant access to the money it will be fine.
Hi, Thank you for the reply. Could you please make a little more clear about the instant access? I can view the balance in my regular saver through online banking at any time I want. Probably you have the regular saver too. But, before it is mature, I can not withdraw money from it unless I close the account.

Manka10

Re: Can my regular saver be my maintenance fund?

Post by Manka10 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:31 pm

e2tony2000 wrote:Hi, everyboday.
I am current holding the Tier1 general and recently I have to do the extension a litter earlier than my previously planned time. So, my problem is there is 5 days that my blance in bank account are less than £900.

But, I have a HSBC regular saver with enough money. So, could anybody help me confirm if home office accepts the regular saver as my maintenance fund on current T1 extention cases? HSBC gives bank statement for this regular saver account every half year, and good thing for me is that the statement dated to 7 July which covers my 5 balance-problem days

Thank you
as long as they are cash funds which you can withdraw anytime even if you have to give notice to the bank then it should be fine
Manka

e2tony2000
Newly Registered

Re: Can my regular saver be my maintenance fund?

Post by e2tony2000 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Manka10 wrote:
e2tony2000 wrote:Hi, everyboday.

Thank you
as long as they are cash funds which you can withdraw anytime even if you have to give notice to the bank then it should be fine
Then, it seems fine because I can withdraw money if I close the account. Of course, I will have no interests. So, in this case, the cash isa will be also accepted as maintenance fund, right?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:48 am

yes but you wpuld need to attach a letter from bank stating that you are allowed to withdraw funds at any point of time without giving any notice...