ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General (current job) to Tier 2 General (new job)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

justdopposite

Tier 2 General (current job) to Tier 2 General (new job)

Post by justdopposite » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:19 am

Dear all,

If I have a recent tier 2 general visa on a 20k salary, Could I apply for jobs with better salary in other companies ?

If the new employer is willing to offer a job and provide me CoS, do I have to go back to my country for something called cooling off period ? Kindly advice

Many thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 General (current job) to Tier 2 General (new job)

Post by manci » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:03 am

justdopposite wrote:Dear all,

If I have a recent tier 2 general visa on a 20k salary, Could I apply for jobs with better salary in other companies ? yes

If the new employer is willing to offer a job and provide me CoS, do I have to go back to my country for something called cooling off period ? no
Kindly advice
Many thanks.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:58 pm

Thank you so much Manci. So if I continue working for two years with current employer and then find a new job, and switch my CoS to the new employer on tier 2 .. would that affect my total 5 years stay to be eligible for PR ?

Also, would be great if I can get a UKBA link with all these specific information.

Many thanks once again.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:37 am

justdopposite wrote:Thank you so much Manci. So if I continue working for two years with current employer and then find a new job, and switch my CoS to the new employer on tier 2 .. would that affect my total 5 years stay to be eligible for PR ? no

Also, would be great if I can get a UKBA link with all these specific information.
Immigration Rules 245HD, 245HE, 245HF:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/
Tier 2 policy guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

Many thanks once again.