ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The overstayer concession 2008 and citizenship applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

William Blake
Member of Standing

The overstayer concession 2008 and citizenship applications

Post by William Blake » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Hello All,

Back in 2008 an overstayer concession was introduced which stipulated that anyone who had overstayed and left the UK before a certain date (30th September I believe it was) would not have any future entry clearance applications affected by the period of overstaying.

I availed myself of this concession and returned to the UK on a work permit in 2008. I now hold ILR (obtained from 10 yrs long residency granted in 2009) but want to apply for citizenship. Seeing that my period of overstaying was overlooked under the concession can my application for citizenship now be refused on the basis of that period of overstaying ? The same period that the concession overlooked?

Also any case laws, references you could direct me too would be most helpful.
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night