ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we appky at PEO 1 day after Visa expiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

py1983
Newly Registered

Can we appky at PEO 1 day after Visa expiry

Post by py1983 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi All ,
My Tier 1 visa in expiring on 10 Oct 2012. After trying for 4 weeks I have managed to get an PEO(Same day service) appointment on 12 Oct 2012.
Is it OK to apply for extension 1 0r 2 days after visa expiry?
Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:19 pm

No. It has to be before your visa expiry day. And if I was you I would not apply on the last day. What if something goes wrong?

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Not discouraging you but I would advise to post your application with all the relevant documents as soon as possible (if you can't get any PEO appointment before your visa expiry).

If you post it and then can't get the visa till 10th Oct then it is still legal to work and stay here. Otherwise you would be overstaying on your visa and that can cause problems for you.

Getting PEO appointment is becoming almost impossible due to people taking multiple appointments or immigration lawyers who book all the appointment. Don't know when UKBA will take notice of this situation and act (if they really care about immigrant visas).

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:09 pm

I would advise you to post if you are not getting PEO appointment before the expiry. Dont go for extension after the expiry date as that will be classed as over styed application . Be careful in that.
Fingers crossed.....Trust in God.....