ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa, where should I apply

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Toto22
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa, where should I apply

Post by Toto22 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Hello All,

I have currently a tier-2 general visa it will expire on 3 Nov 2012. I will change employer at the beginning of Oct 2012, so I need to re-apply a tier 2 visa. Do you think it is fast to apply in UK or should I apply in France ( where I have a student visa and where I applied for the current tier-2 visa). Thank you for all your inputs!!

Toto22

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:12 pm

If you apply outside the UK you would be facing a 12 month cooling-off period before being permitted to return.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 visa, where should I apply

Post by makky86 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Toto22 wrote:Hello All,

I have currently a tier-2 general visa it will expire on 3 Nov 2012. I will change employer at the beginning of Oct 2012, so I need to re-apply a tier 2 visa. Do you think it is fast to apply in UK or should I apply in France ( where I have a student visa and where I applied for the current tier-2 visa). Thank you for all your inputs!!

Toto22
Hi I would highly recmmend you to apply in person (Youll have to pay extra £200) but you'll get visa in one day.

I can help you with that. . I can book an appointment for you (will be after 6 weeks) plus you'll have to be flexible with location.

Toto22
Newly Registered

Post by Toto22 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:58 am

muhdkhokhar wrote:

Toto22
Hi I would highly recmmend you to apply in person (Youll have to pay extra £200) but you'll get visa in one day.

I can help you with that. . I can book an appointment for you (will be after 6 weeks) plus you'll have to be flexible with location.
Hi there,

I have tried to get an appointment online (for premium service), but results nothing (no space available). If you can help, that will be great! Can you please knidly advice how/where can I book? I'm quite flexible about location.
Cheers

Toto22

Toto22
Newly Registered

Post by Toto22 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Lucapooka wrote:If you apply outside the UK you would be facing a 12 month cooling-off period before being permitted to return.
You mean even if I apply before the expiration of my current tier 2 visa (which expires on 3 Nov 2012)? Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Toto22 wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:

Toto22

Hi there,

I have tried to get an appointment online (for premium service), but results nothing (no space available). If you can help, that will be great! Can you please knidly advice how/where can I book? I'm quite flexible about location.
Cheers

Toto22
Dude if it was that easy everyone would be applying in person. There have only 2-3 appointments for each location / day.

let me know your email I will tell you the process / trick/ hacks etc