ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse in which category?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ardamardar
Newly Registered

Spouse in which category?

Post by ardamardar » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend started living in the UK in 2007 August, I was a work permit holder and she was a student. She has switched to Tier 1 and started working in January 2009. We got married on September 2011 and I received my ILR on July 2012. But we haven't become dependents at any time.

Now we have been living together for 5 years (which we can prove with council tax bills and other bills, we have a joint account for 2 years) and we've been married for 1 year.

She'll get her ILR in 2014 if she continues her Tier 1 route. Does anyone know if we can speed it up with my current status since I have ILR. Is there any category (like FLR (which apparently needs 5 years for settlement now)) that we might benefit? or shall she continue with Tier 1 route?

Thanks a lot.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Theres no way to speed it up.