ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (non JR): previous earnings less than last extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp_to_tier1
Newly Registered

ILR (non JR): previous earnings less than last extension

Post by hsmp_to_tier1 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:46 am

About myself: came to the UK at 2 oct 2007 with HSMP (non JR), first tier 1 extension at mar 2009 (got extension until sep 2012), second tier 1 extension at oct 2011 (current visa valid until oct 2013).

My ILR (Set(O)) appointment is due in Solihull next week and in the previous earnings I'm going to claim 29K, this is less than the amount I claimed in my last extension (30K), same amount of points though.

Having read other posts in this forum I understand that according to the immigration rules, when applying for (non JR) ILR one should satisfy the same income criteria as the last extension and not earn more than the last extension.

However, I do remember (again from descriptions of people in the forum) that at least at some point, caseworkers in PEOs asked about this issue and people who earned less than the last extension (even when they scored enough points) faced problems.

Has anyone been in an ILR appointment in a PEO in the last few months and faced this kind of problem? What do you think the best way to tackle this?

Help would be much appreciated. In any case I'll report my PEO experience.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:13 am

As per the rules you should not have any issues if you are scoring the requisite points!