ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saraq

SET M query

Post by saraq » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi
I am applying for ILR using SET M form.
I have to provide 6 documents as the proof of cohabitation. My husband is settled in the UK.
For the letter on joint name, we did not have any letter dated in past so we have received a letter from our bank that ' the account is joint on our names and it has been since it was opened 3 years back and the correspondence address has been the same ever since'.

1.Would this letter be enough as one evidence or two as it is jointly name
2. Will this letter be acceptable as it is not dated back but recently received but proving that the account is joint and on same address for past 3 years?
3. If i get 3 such letters from 2 banks and 1 from our insurance provider would they be accepted or all the documents had to be dated in past?

Regards

saraq

Post by saraq » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:42 pm

no 1?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:03 pm

After thoroughly reviewing Set M form, here are the requirements:

We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough
items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address
for both of you.
Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.
The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different
sources.
Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of
you;
or if they do not cover the 2-year period. ...

Examples of acceptable types of letters and documentsletters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Dept for
Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing
letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments,
home visits or other medical matters

mortgage statements/agreement
bank statements/letters
council tax bills or statements
water rates bills or statements
electricity and/or gas bills or statements
tenancy agreement(s)
building society savings books/letters
telephone bills or statements

So, in your case you would have to include as many (6 in each name) to cover the two years, and preferably from different sources.

Apologies if my previoius reply was inaccurate.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.