ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHANGE IN IMMIGRATION RULES AND COHABITATION DOCUMENTS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

satz52
Newly Registered

CHANGE IN IMMIGRATION RULES AND COHABITATION DOCUMENTS

Post by satz52 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:40 am

thanks for your time and the reply, i need a bit of clarification on certain points in regards to spouse visa for ILR. my spouse arrived in UK last year 31 March 2011, if i open an joint bank a/c now with my spouse would that be OK as it wouldn't cover last year cohabitation. but i have water bill and council tax bill in joint names with my spouse, my spouses and mine cohabitation started from 31 March 2011 and the water bill and council tax bills in joint names are from this year. just a little worried that it doesn't affect our application coz i do not have much to documents to show from last year cohabitation apart from bank statements addressed individually to us but at the same address. can i use savings a/c in joint names instead of current a/c if i add my spouse name with me on savings a/c now.

Also, immigration law changed this year on 9th July but my spouse arrived in UK last year so what rules will apply on our application. would it be before 9th of July rules.

When is the earliest we can apply for ILR and the latest, as the 27 month period ends on 11th of June 2012.

i know its a lots of questions but i hope someone out there with experience will try to solve my problem and put me in right direction. i genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spend to answe
r and help.

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:57 am

Start here....
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

BTW, please change your post's font color to black/blue, and reduce the size. Its horrible to read your post (I did not read it completely).

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Also, first part of your question has been answered in another earlier post by you. It would help to keep all your questions together.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.