ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife's name with husband's surname on cohabitation evidences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp0804

wife's name with husband's surname on cohabitation evidences

Post by hsmp0804 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:14 am

Hi,
Got a question.

I am due to apply ILR in a weeks time.
My wife's passport has got only her first name. After marriage, she starting using my surname and all our cohabitation documents are on her name along with my surname. Even Life in UK test results has got her name along with my surname.

Now given that all the old visa extensions were given using her first name only(as per the passport) and for ILR all cohabitation proofs n Life in UK test reports are on her first name and my surname, do you think its going to create some problem for ILR application?

Obviously I'll be providing the marriage certificate that has got only her firstname and my full name.

Thanks in advance.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:21 pm

If you are going PEO, then fill the form with your wife's 'surname' left blank. If they ask, explain and offer to fill there.

It would be handy to keep markers on the form where your wife's surname has been left blank so that you don't miss one out, or waste time looking for any other places to fill the surname.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.