ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New probationary period after 9 July

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dipmm2000d

New probationary period after 9 July

Post by dipmm2000d » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:09 pm

I noticed that in the forum it is mentioned that new 5 years probationary period will not apply to applicant who got partner visa before 9 july even if they have to apply for further leave to remain.

But in Appendix FM and interaction between Part 8 there is no where i found this .they particularly mentioned all the provisions which do not need additional requirements.

My understanding is that if someone got ILR under 10 years then his dependant need to fullfil new rules as he is not getting ILR as a point based migrant, so 319e does not apply to him.

Can moderators or some one pls point me exactly where( apart from SOI) it is mentioned that partner who got entry clearance/leave to remain as a spouse of PBS before 9 July will be suject to old rules?

Y

dipmm2000d

Post by dipmm2000d » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:07 pm

can anyone ans me pls

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:10 pm

I suspect your issue is that you're confusing two different visas.

Your spouse got a 'dependant of PBS' visa.

The new rules apply to a 'spouse of a person settled in the UK'.

A PBS visa, given the time limit on it, means that you aren't settled in the UK.

M.