ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing benefit as a student

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adnan01
Pakistan

Housing benefit as a student

Post by adnan01 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:26 am

Hi, my wife is an EEA national and I'm a non EEA national. My wife is currently receiving job seekers allowance, housing benefit And council tax benefit. I came back to the UK in january this year on EEA family permit and got job straight away. I was in Dubai for one year and before that I was living in uk since 2004. End of April 2012 I applied for residence card and lost job in June :(....I tried looking for job but with COA its very hard to find job. My wife has her last year left at Uni and from October she need to continue Uni. She will get student loan but thats no where close to enough as we have 3 years old daughter as well. Will we keep getting housing benefit once she start studying? There will be no more JSA, my residence card can take upto 30th October that's when 6 months will be completed and once I have RC then I will find Job but right now we are worried about housing. Can we or will we keep getting housing benefit? Kindly help
Adnan

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Is your wife a full-time student? If so, how is she getting JSA?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

adnan01
Pakistan

Post by adnan01 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:33 pm

She will be full time student from october and of course we will report job centre that she is going to be full time student...but once job seeker allowance stops we don't want HB to stop until I get job..we have 3 years old child as well...and I can only find job once my passport is back,..I'm still trying tho
Adnan

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:50 pm

If you also become a full-time student, you can get Housing Benefit.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.