ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHILD BENEFIT RECIEVED FROM EARLIER THAN EXPECTED DATE

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

starnav19
Newly Registered

CHILD BENEFIT RECIEVED FROM EARLIER THAN EXPECTED DATE

Post by starnav19 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi

i have recieved my ILR through Tier 1 route in MAY 2012 , meaning that i was eligible for claiming child benefits.

i have applied for our daughter child benefit in June 2012 i have start recieving benefit in June 2012 with the start date of March 2012( at that time i was not eligible to claim any benefits).

so HMRC have sent me first child benefit payment starting from March 2012(backdated 3 months) . After asking HMRC they said usually they go 3 month back and give child benefit starting from there

The questions i have is

What should i do with the extra two month child benefit i have recieved ??

if i dont know any thing will it have impact on my citizenship application next year??

Thanks for your reply

Kind Regards

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:15 pm

ignore it,no body will penalize you for that 2 months
NON EU national with RC

starnav19
Newly Registered

Post by starnav19 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:30 am

Thanks alot of your prompt reply.

can it have a impact on my nationality application as they have given me 2 months extra Child Benefit ??

i would rather not take any risk and return the money if it can have an impact on nationality application.

Thanks again