ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizens in India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gopinath75
Newly Registered

British Citizens in India

Post by gopinath75 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:16 pm

Will there be any difficulties that British Citizens having OCI will face in India . Will there be any impact on Rental income, lands ,housing etc..

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: British Citizens in India

Post by pkumar » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:04 pm

you child will have to pay NRI fees .... i have heard it is around 30 lakhs per year for medical college (that's just a gossip i heard ... you need to confirm).

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Re: British Citizens in India

Post by Rajuk09 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:28 pm

pkumar wrote:you child will have to pay NRI fees .... i have heard it is around 30 lakhs per year for medical college (that's just a gossip i heard ... you need to confirm).
Is schools also expensive or just graduation onwards?

double_trouble
Newly Registered

Post by double_trouble » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:43 pm

i heard that once you have two years of continuous stay in india you can apply for indian citizen ship.
also, as far as i know if you put your child in school in your home town, they don't ask for passsport of citizenship of child as long as child looks indian.
Am i right experts?

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:47 pm

double_trouble wrote:i heard that once you have two years of continuous stay in india you can apply for indian citizen ship.
also, as far as i know if you put your child in school in your home town, they don't ask for passsport of citizenship of child as long as child looks indian.
Am i right experts?
Well , they wont ask is different, so NRI quota is what legally allowed ? so again huge DEPOSITS (bribes) and heavy fees ?

t1seeker

Post by t1seeker » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:35 am

double_trouble wrote:i heard that once you have two years of continuous stay in india you can apply for indian citizen ship.
Am i right experts?
(i) If you are PIO card holder and lived in India for 7 years, you can apply for Indian citizenship.
(ii) If you are OCI you need to hold OCI for 5 years AND have physical presence in India for 1 year to be eligible for Indian citizenship

But in either case your child can not get back Indian citizenship before 18 yrs of age as he/she will have to renounce British citizenship for that and minors can not renounce British citizenship.