ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for Permanent Resident (UK)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fly2ajit
Newly Registered

Can I apply for Permanent Resident (UK)

Post by fly2ajit » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi,

I got the visa on 31st of Dec 2007 and came to UK on 29th Feb 2008 and have already applied for the extension which is valid till 1 Jan 2013.

This will make a total of 4 years and 10 months living in UK.

Can I apply for Permanent Resident or do I need to get an extension for atleast a month as one can apply 28 days before the end of 5 days.

IS there any provision where I can apply for PR directly without the extension

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Ajit

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:52 am

Hi,

As per the guidance you can count the EC date instead of of entry date and apply for extension on in dec 2013 I.e.,28 days before the expiry of your leave to remain.

Source: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=ca ... c6zMXFrxEg
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

saran79
United Kingdom

Post by saran79 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:58 pm

uksettlement wrote:Hi,

As per the guidance you can count the EC date instead of of entry date and apply for extension on in dec 2013 I.e.,28 days before the expiry of your leave to remain.

Source: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=ca ... c6zMXFrxEg
DEC 2013??? DEC 2012