ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSBC Travel Insurance for schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bond.boy203

HSBC Travel Insurance for schengen visa

Post by bond.boy203 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi,
I am applying for schengen visitor visa next week. I understand providing travel insurance evidence is must for this visa.

I currently have this insurance from HSBC as their advance account holder. They say they can provide a letter saying I am covered under the policy and a general booklet with terms and conditions. I am not sure if this is acceptable by german embassy..

has anyone applied with this HSBC travel insurance for schengen visa....any info ref to this would be useful...

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:17 pm

What exactly is your concern? Online insurances will give you the same kind of documents although you typically have to pay if you want them in print. What you want to make sure is that your insurance covers what the Schengen visa requires.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: HSBC Travel Insurance for schengen visa

Post by Plum70 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:56 pm

bond.boy203 wrote:Hi,
I am applying for schengen visitor visa next week. I understand providing travel insurance evidence is must for this visa.

I currently have this insurance from HSBC as their advance account holder. They say they can provide a letter saying I am covered under the policy and a general booklet with terms and conditions. I am not sure if this is acceptable by german embassy..

has anyone applied with this HSBC travel insurance for schengen visa....any info ref to this would be useful...
Hi Bond.boy,

I had the same concern when applying for a German Schengen visa as I also have a travel insurance with another building society. The BS provided me with a letter confirming my valid insurance covering the UK and EU which the embassy accepted.

I imagine that you will have no issues with this aspect of the application.

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:26 am

Well, according to our caseworker, who was dealing with our application under the Directive 2004/38/EC we do not actually require a insurance for our stay in Europe, though you might not be applying under this ruling. We provided proof of insurance anyway, from Lloyds TSB Bank, with whom I had a Gold account which included Travel Insurance. Although the French Embassy rejected the visa application, it wasn't because of the insurance. So I would assume they'd accept it. Good luck!