ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension beyond expiry date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

random.thoughts
India

Tier 1 extension beyond expiry date

Post by random.thoughts » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Guys,
What generally happens if the embassy rejects my Tier 1 extension visa after my expiry date. My visa expires on the 1st of October 2012 and I have still not got visa (I applied on Aug 2012).

What happens if I get my visa rejected after 1st October 2012. I am working for the same company for the last 4.5 years. What happens to my work status?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:26 am

you will not be eligible to work for that company...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:26 am

I assume you mean that you have applied for further leave to remain to The ukba from within the UK (applications for visas are made from outside the UK to the British embassy/high commission. It is not the Embassy that decides in country applications.

If you make a valid in time application that is refused after your leave expires then you will have a right of appeal. If you exercise this right of appeal then you continue to remain here lawfully and can continue to work. If you don't exercise your right of appeal then your right to work and remain here will expire 10 days after receipt of refusal.

See section 3c of the immigration act 1971

nks

Post by nks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Can you reapply (not appeal) during those 10 days? This is considering rejection was for some valid reaon and one can correct it in those 10 days.

rk_simh
Newly Registered

Post by rk_simh » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:27 am

if the application gets rejected after the visa expiry, then you have right to appeal within UK and can continue your stay. whilst the case is active, you can re-apply (but within 28days after the visa expired date), but not before the appeal.