ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application for baby.. Need to travel before result

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

svs
Newly Registered

MN1 Application for baby.. Need to travel before result

Post by svs » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Hello,

I am currently on my Tier 1 visa. I and my wife will be applying for my ILR this October end .. I had a baby boy now born last month... I presume the best way to have a visa for him is to have no visa at all but to apply for a British citizenship once we have our ILR.
But my wife and the baby needs to travel to India in December. So that leave just 2 months. Can I do the following:
Get my baby an Indian passport.
Once we have our ILR, apply for the Registration certificate (MN1) for my baby.
While the processing is still on, my wife and the baby can leave for India.
Once the MN1 comes throufgh, I believe then I will have to apply for the British passport for my baby. (Baby is in India.. on an Indian pasport.. that should be fine I guess).
Once the british passport comes through I can send it off my post to India.
My wife and baby can reenter UK.
Is there anything illegal in this?

You help is most appreciated.
regards,

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: MN1 Application for baby.. Need to travel before result

Post by noble72uk » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:21 pm

svs wrote:Hello,

I am currently on my Tier 1 visa. I and my wife will be applying for my ILR this October end .. I had a baby boy now born last month... I presume the best way to have a visa for him is to have no visa at all but to apply for a British citizenship once we have our ILR.
But my wife and the baby needs to travel to India in December. So that leave just 2 months. Can I do the following:
Get my baby an Indian passport.
Once we have our ILR, apply for the Registration certificate (MN1) for my baby.
While the processing is still on, my wife and the baby can leave for India.
Once the MN1 comes throufgh, I believe then I will have to apply for the British passport for my baby. (Baby is in India.. on an Indian pasport.. that should be fine I guess).

regards,
Hi

I'm sure you'll get the answers nearly same case as yours here.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#702650

Regards

svs
Newly Registered

Post by svs » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:46 pm

Hello noble72uk,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I think my case is amlost same but not exactly as I was not an ILR holder when the baby is born. the baby is born before I have an ILR. So I have to go via teh MN1 route.
hence my steps to action.
Do let me know if they look ok. Is it necessary for the baby to be in the UK during the MN1 processing?

regards,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:15 pm

The reference noble72uk made was correct as it is not the MN1 application that is the issue but the UK passport application which needs to be made in the country the applicant is present.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:19 pm

svs wrote:Hello noble72uk,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I think my case is amlost same but not exactly as I was not an ILR holder when the baby is born. the baby is born before I have an ILR. So I have to go via teh MN1 route.
hence my steps to action.
Do let me know if they look ok. Is it necessary for the baby to be in the UK during the MN1 processing?

regards,
1st Thanks to Jumbo for his advise.

2nd Dear SVS I think you misunderstood

The problem for your son is the passport not the BC.

you have 2 options

- 1st Option delay your wife and son travel to India, just after one of the parents get the ILR apply for your son for his rergistration and after once he's a BC use 1 week fast track to get him A British passport and then get him an Indian Visa to travel.

-2nd Option Apply now for his Indian Passport and apply for his UK residence to be able to travel in december and re enter the uk without any issue. once they comeback after december apply for his registration and apply for his british passport then after surrender the indian passport.

harshil223
United Kingdom

Post by harshil223 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:20 am

svs wrote:Hello,

regards,
I think passport cannot be sent to other country via post. And also once MN1 is done, the baby becomes British Citizen so he cannot travel using Indian passport. I am not 100% sure but I have read somewhere that baby can travel within first three months on Indian passport even after becoming British citizen via MN1 route. Need confirmation for this.

If this does not work out, best thing is to apply for the British Passport from India. However it will take a way long compared to application done in UK. So if you are fine to have you baby in India for at least 15-16 weeks after you send application to Delhi, go for it.

svs
Newly Registered

Post by svs » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:13 am

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice. You all have been brilliant..
Thank you very much.

The smoothest option I see is making my Baby apply for his ILR using Form F and then my wife and kid can travel to India and come back without issues.. I can delay his citizenship to next year when all of us apply.. so that I can delay the cost on to next years budget. :)
I think there is an option of applying Form F in person. Any idea of the timeline if we were to apply using form F via post?

OR

Is there an option where I can just get an entry clearance from India for the baby to enter the UK.. If so..
Baby gets an Indian passport. Travels to India. Get an entry clearance from India to enter UK (using his UK birth certificate, maybe) and then once back in UK, he has ample time to apply for MN1 and british passport.

regards,

svs
Newly Registered

Post by svs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:30 pm

hello,

A final question.. I am applying for my ILR next month. To get a UK visa, can I include my baby (born in the Uk) and who has an Indian passport (cannot apply for british passport as baby has to travel to India shortly), along with my ILR application, as a dependent (i.e. baby as a dependent. I am the main applicant)?

regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Yes, that's the standard procedure in such circumstances.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

svs
Newly Registered

Post by svs » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Oh is it? I was misled then.. I was told that I should first get ILR for myself and my wife and then fill the form SET(F) to get the ILR for my son.
If I understand correctly.. then.. I (main applicant), my wife (dependent visa holder) and my son (born in uk last month, with an indian passport but no dependent visa) can apply for ILR at the same time in one application form SET(O).
Please confirm is this is indeed the case. This should help me greatly.. it will save me time and money.

A single confirmation would save me a lot of stress..

Thanks a lot.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Had you followed the suggestion given here, you would have already found the answers to these questions.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

svs
Newly Registered

Post by svs » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Thank you very much.

hpat

Post by hpat » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:45 pm

noble72uk wrote:
svs wrote:
you have 2 options

- 1st Option delay your wife and son travel to India, just after one of the parents get the ILR apply for your son for his rergistration and after once he's a BC use 1 week fast track to get him A British passport and then get him an Indian Visa to travel.

-2nd Option Apply now for his Indian Passport and apply for his UK residence to be able to travel in december and re enter the uk without any issue. once they comeback after december apply for his registration and apply for his british passport then after surrender the indian passport.
I am in same situaltion as SVS and was exploring the option mentioned above.
Is there any option to get child's indian passport then travel to India. Come back on visitor visa and register as British. (May be make application for registration before child leaves).
Any thoughts??
I have emailed homeoffice and British Embassy in Indai as well but hasn't got any responce yet.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:45 pm

This question comes up from time to time.
It's possible but it is not guaranteed (as you are bending the rules a bit).

See Urgent advice on travel while MN1 under process for my son
and Visa for my Kid born in UK visiting India without visa!!.

hpat

Post by hpat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks Jambo for your reply.
I have read the link you mentioned. And as this question comes now and again should this be posed as "Sticky".
It seems like as you said may be a chance to get visitor visa.
I think I would go first with visitor and if not approved then will go for settlement. (Can loose only Rs:6000 but if gets visitor then could save £820).. But will it be any issue at border?
And just one more confusion. Should I send registration MN1 application before child leaves or just wait till she comes back.
Does it make any difference at all on visa process in India or on the border..

I would appreciate if anyone has been successful in this process (Visitor and on return MN1) can share their experience.

Thanks a lot

nazabrar
Newly Registered

Post by nazabrar » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi All,
Please help.
I hold ILR and I have applied for my daughter (4 years old) for MN1 registration. My daughter's visa has expired and after I got ILR, i have applied for MN1 registration. I am expecting the certificate anytime however I need to travel urgently in December. I would like to know if my daughter can enter UK on Indian password with MN1 certificate. I have read somewhere that one can travel on grace period of 3 months but no evidence of that.

Please let me know if there will be any issues for my daughter to enter UK with Indian password and MN1 certificate.Will be applying for British passport after we return to UK.

Kindly advise. Badly need suggestions.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:56 pm

It's enough to ask the question once. You don't need to post it three times in three different threads.

It would be possible to enter the UK. The problem would be to get to the UK as the airline will not let your daughter board without a visa or a British passport.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)