ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About ILR SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maccers1018
Newly Registered

About ILR SET(M)

Post by maccers1018 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to apply for ILR in Nov. For what i understand PEO will need original documents to support the application. Will they keep spouse's passport until they issue the ILR? I'm asking this because my husband has to travel abroad in Nov.

Hope someone knows the answer.

Cheers,

Mary

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Yes

maccers1018
Newly Registered

Post by maccers1018 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks for your reply... so my husband definitely can't travel for a while? even if i use the premium service?
innocentdevil wrote:Yes

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:07 pm

in most cases a decision is made on the day in which case they won't need your husbands passport any longer. In the event that they can't make a decision on the day as long as they have sight of the original passport they should just take a copy of it.

maccers1018
Newly Registered

Post by maccers1018 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Brilliant! Thanks a lot!
Greenie wrote:in most cases a decision is made on the day in which case they won't need your husbands passport any longer. In the event that they can't make a decision on the day as long as they have sight of the original passport they should just take a copy of it.