ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP@same company 5yr ILR Success@PEO Solihull, 11th September

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jinish09
Newly Registered

WP@same company 5yr ILR Success@PEO Solihull, 11th September

Post by jinish09 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:03 pm

My appointment was at 10:45 AM , got there at 9:30 AM, they allowed me in with my wife and said you can wait in the room.

I did see few people struggling with parking, Touchwood shopping centre is the best place to park,

TOUCHWOOD & JOHN LEWIS CAR PARK TARIFF

Monday - Saturday

Up to 1 hour £1.20
1-2 hours £2.30
2-3 hours £3.10
3-4 hours £4.00
4-5 hours £4.60
5-6 hours £5.60
6-8 hours £9.00
8-12 hours £11.00
12-24 hours £15.00

Sunday
Up to 1 hour £1.20
1-2 hours £2.30
2-3 hours £3.10
3+ hours £4.00

Evening Parking (Monday-Sunday)

Entry before 6pm will be charged at the above tariff until departure.

Entry after 6pm carries a flat fee of £1.50 until 6am.

I must say they have best staff at solihull, very polite and relaxed. They gave me token at 10:15 am. Sharp at 10:45 am they called our no.

Case worker was white young lady, she asked for application form first, next question have you got employee letter, I gave it to her with photo copy, I could see what she was doing on computer, she looked in to the same SOC code list that is on UK home office website, matched it with SOC code in the letter and pay.

next thing she asked for 3 months pay slips and 3 months bank statements, didn't check anything, she asked for life in UK test certificate and then she asked me if I been out for UK for more then 3 months in last five years. I gave her sheet of absence and she said you have come so organised.

I had photocopied everything. Next thing she said, I need to see come cohabitation proof, my wife gave her tenancy agreement for last 4 yrs, she only took for last two years and asked for marriage certificate, we gave her that and she said that's it, I don't need anything else, we were so surprised.

In the end she smiled and said well, you gave me photocopy for everything so you should have one copy for your passport and VISA, we all laughed and I gave her the copy. She said, your application is approved, now you can go on last counter and do the payment.

It lasted for only 10 minutes.

Next got our biometric done and they said to come back in 2hrs and keep our mobile phone on, in case they need to ring us, came back in 2 hrs, our letter was ready.

My top tips

- Plan your trip in advance, I did see couple of people coming late, they still gave them appointment.

- Make sure you mention SOC code in employee letter, find the nearest one if you can't find the one that matches your pay, check with your company HR

- Make sure you photocopy everything and go well organised

- Touchwood shopping centre is the place to park and eat.

- Dress well for the day

Big thanks to everybody,
any questions get in touch

Regards
Jinish