ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for Childeren Born In UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

basitali

British Citizenship for Childeren Born In UK

Post by basitali » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:55 am

I'm applying for Indefininite Leve To Remain on October the 25th. I have few questions. Please can some senior person correct me.

I got my HSMP visa back in October 2007, which I extended later on to Tier 1 General for 3 years. I got married in Feb 2009 and my wife came to UK in March 2009 as my dependant. We have our first child born in UK in Jan 2010 and the second child born in UK in November 2011. I applied both childs Tier-1 dependant visa right after there birth because of urgent travel requirement.

My question is if I apply for ILR to remain for my self and my wife only in October. Once I will have ILR, can I apply for British Citizenship for my both childern born in the UK or do I need to apply for ILR and then apply for British Citizenship. Please can some one help me if I'm able to do that as it is going to save me big chuck of dependant visa application fee.

Please moderators, senior members help me with this query.

Thanks,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:58 pm