ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Staying at relatives council house on student visa?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manbest
Newly Registered

Staying at relatives council house on student visa?

Post by manbest » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:50 am

hi there all,
i just wana know that can i stay at my relatives house that isnt owned by them. Its a council house, so is there any issue staying over there for about an year on my student visa?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:47 am

Your accommodations are not considered for this category of leave.

manbest
Newly Registered

Post by manbest » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Your accommodations are not considered for this category of leave.
yes i know im just asking is it ok if stays over my relatives house and that house is council house, so is there is any issue to council regarding this in UK?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:24 pm

there shouldn't be any issues with you, if the council does have any issues, they shall be raising with your relative (s).

malik5805
BANNED

Re: Staying at relatives council house on student visa?

Post by malik5805 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:00 pm

manbest wrote:hi there all,
i just wana know that can i stay at my relatives house that isnt owned by them. Its a council house, so is there any issue staying over there for about an year on my student visa?
It will not be any issue.. you just dont worry and if you will pay rent then dont do it with bank Use Cash.. dont show yr adress on the elactrol and on council bill..

manbest
Newly Registered

Re: Staying at relatives council house on student visa?

Post by manbest » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:11 am

malik5805 wrote:
manbest wrote:hi there all,
It will not be any issue.. you just dont worry and if you will pay rent then dont do it with bank Use Cash.. dont show yr adress on the elactrol and on council bill..
yea thats fine. so can there be any issue to my relatives living there from council? can UKBA deport me due to living there in a relatives council house?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:10 am

Of course you won't be deported for living in a council house but your relatives are responsible for making sure they have permission from the council for you to live there and that they declare any income from rent they are receiving. I disagree that you should somehow hide the fact you are living there by paying cash-you will need to have an official address with your education provider, presumably you will open a bank account and need an official address for that too.

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:20 am

Go for it it will not be any problem as long as someone dnt complain.. i personally knw someone whoz living with his uncle and it didnt cause any trouble for them..