ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa - bank statements older than a month

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asiyaislam
Newly Registered

Family visit visa - bank statements older than a month

Post by asiyaislam » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Hello,

I'm currently on PSW visa in the UK, my visa expires in Jan 2013. My sister wants to visit me in October. She had applied for family visit visa a few months ago but was refused entry because she had failed to provide letter from her education provider.

She's going to apply again, this time with a letter from her uni. I will be funding her trip and have sent her my last 6 months bank statements (with almost £5000 available funds), proof of my address (a council tax letter), a letter of invitation, a sponsorship undertaking form and a copy of my visa.

I have 2 questions -

1) Are these documents enough to support her application? I went through the guidance notes and thought this would be enough but am a bit nervous since she has been refused visa once.

2) The bank statements I sent are dated 7 August and she's yet to apply. This makes the bank statements older than a month. I know generally UKBA requires bank statements not older than a month but I couldn't find anything in the guidance notes to this effect. Do I need to send her more recent bank statements?

Many thanks,
Asiya