ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalised.... new record...in 15 days

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinodn
Newly Registered

Naturalised.... new record...in 15 days

Post by vinodn » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:28 am

Hi Guys thanks everyone for helping me.. and giving all valuable advice...

just to let you know that i have send naturalisation application for myself and for my family's on 21 june 2004 and got letter from home office confirming with british nationality granted on 6 july 2004 ... so in just 15 days.... i think its a record.. (it was really straight forward case... been on work permit 4 years+ 1 ILR, not outside uk more than 90 days in 5 yrs... and rest the normal stuff )

thanks again for this bb... its really great...

vinod

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:03 pm

Were there any flowers submitted with the application? :lol:

Congratulations!

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:11 pm

No flowers just cash.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

sharat

Post by sharat » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:55 pm

vinodn/members

My case is almost similar to yours as mentioned in this post, 4 years WP, last year ILR and now 1.2 year after ILR.

My wife as my dependent is here only for 3 years after our marriage. She got the residence permit together with my ILR application last year.

I'm not sure whether my wife is eligible for Citizenship, is there any minimum requirement time for each applicants, or is it considered together.

thanks in advance,

Sharat.

Epiphany
Newly Registered

Post by Epiphany » Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:14 am

If your wife has only been around in the UK for 3 years, she cannot apply at the same time as you. However, after you've been naturalised, she can then apply to be naturalised herself as she's been in the UK for 3 years, holds an ILR and is the spouse of a British Citizen.
Cheers

sharat

Post by sharat » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:35 am

Thanks for the info.

What is the minimum time period for dependents to apply for naturalization once they are in UK and when :

1) Both of us(Husband and wife) eligible to apply for citizenship on a date
2) I have a dependent for less than 5 years but my solo naturalization application is submitted and approved.

for 1) naturalization website says a minimum period of 5 year stay together with minumum of 1 year ILR in the UK - pretty clear and straight forward. but ,
for 2) the info is not that clear(because there are so many clauses under it for married partners!) could you please help

Here are our info again:

My arrival date in UK :May 1999
Married and wife arrived in : June 2001
ILR approval date (for both): April 2003
naturalization (for both) : your kind advice please !

(both of us have been working after arrival without a gap, so we have all P60s, payslips and bank statements and other supporting documents)

What I'm looking for is the quickest and shortest possible interval and dates for obtaining a British passport for both of us together from now.

I'm sure this info must have been posted here before, but not able to find myself. Sorry for the trouble.

Many thanks in advance

Sharat

Epiphany
Newly Registered

Post by Epiphany » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:41 pm

Sharat,
If you want to apply at a time when both(you and your wife) TOGETHER can apply at the same time, it will be June 2006, as this is the time when your wife completes her 5 years stay in the UK.
At this point in time only YOU are eligibe to apply for naturalisation as you've done your 5 years stay in the country.
WRT to the SPOUSE of a BRITISH CITIZEN, he/she can apply to be naturalised straight away if
1. He/she holds an ILR/ELR on the date of application AND
2. Has Stayed in the UK for atleast 3 years.
Since you're not a citizen yet, your wife CANNOT apply for her naturalisation at this point in time.
The easiest option is if you first apply for citizenship and get naturalised, say in two months time. She can straight away apply for her citizenship as she's now the Spouse of a British citizen, has ILR and has stayed in the country for 3 years and more. Trust this clarifies better.

sharat

Post by sharat » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:11 pm

Dear Epiphany,

Thank you so much for taking pain and time in explaining.

Now I understand the process and steps to be followed in my case.

takecare, God bless

Sharat.

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:32 am

Vinodn,

Congratulations! Please be sure to let us know how the citizenship ceremony goes! Best of luck!

Joseph

vinodn
Newly Registered

Post by vinodn » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:35 am

Hi Joseph
on Wed 4 august we had our ceremony at chichester county hall... there were about 20+ people to get their certificate... after oath we have been presented our certificate by chairman of the west sussex county council. There are some other government ogfficials who has given short speech and welcome to new members in community..etc...ect/..
After national anthem we had light refsreshment and .. thats it.. whole programme was for 30 min. People at CC were very frindly. We have given a pack with passport application and some info about WS CC , and welcome letter copy from david blunket...
Thanks once again to immigrationboards members for giving valueable information all the time.
take care