ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @ Glasgow applied on WP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

santhosh235
Newly Registered

ILR success @ Glasgow applied on WP

Post by santhosh235 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Hello friends,
I will say I'm very lucky all these 5 yrs, why bcoz first thing is I got 5 yrs of work permit in one shot (no hassle of extensions though it is bound to one employer). The second thing is I'm single :).
Here is how I prepared for it and completed it. I prefered Glasgow as my option, bcoz one of my colleague was recently got through from there. I got the slot available on 12th Sep @ 11.30 am. I booked it immediately and then started collecting all required documents. I submitted following documents
1) Employer letter in the format mentioned in our old forums.
2) My work permit document (which covers 60 mths duration)
3) 3 mths recent bank statements making highlight of salary transaction.
4) 3 mths payslips.
5) my passport
6) Photo copies of above docs.
7) 2 recent passport size photos satisfying the UK visa standards.

But I was prepared for the worst situation, means I took 5 yrs P60, payslips for 1 yr and bank statements for 1 yr. But luckily they didn't asked me any of these documents. I have few suggestions for you guis:
1) Make your application simple, mean to say produce documents which ever they have requested in the application form. More documents you produce, more confusion to the case worker. If they want more docs then only submit them.
2) Keep 2 sets of docs as required ones and not required ones in separate folders.
3) If there is any discrepancy with the bank statement salary credited amt and the pay-slip amt, get a letter from the employer saying that he is aware of that variation and took necessary steps to rectify it.
4) It is not mandatory to maintain funds in you bank account, but it is better to have some respectable amt according to ur salary.
Hope this information will be helpful atleast to some of you :)

GOOD LUCK GUI'S. Good days are ahead for you.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Helllooo Santhosh congratulations and thank you for telling uk your experience. Could you give me the link Employer letter in the format mentioned in our old forums. I am looking for one.
Thanks

santhosh235
Newly Registered

Post by santhosh235 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:13 am

Hi Arif,
Thanks for your warm wishes. I just used the format mentioned in the link.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=51089

dr_kzot

Post by dr_kzot » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi there thanks alot for your reply

I am going to Galsgow office on thursday 19th of September do they ask for the payment in advnace or they take payment after they check all the documents

Waiting for your urgent reply

Thanks