ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help For UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visas

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nofear_mna
Newly Registered

Need Help For UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visas

Post by nofear_mna » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi ! i am on Psw visa and want to change my visa into entrepreneur visa but i need help i have got 50000 pounds in my account in my own country. And i have already got a company as well registered on my own name in companies house. But people are telling me its very difficult to change psw into Entrepreneur you need so many documents so please i need help. Thanks

rajm2012

Re: Need Help For UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visas

Post by rajm2012 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 pm

nofear_mna wrote:Hi ! i am on Psw visa and want to change my visa into entrepreneur visa but i need help i have got 50000 pounds in my account in my own country. And i have already got a company as well registered on my own name in companies house. But people are telling me its very difficult to change psw into Entrepreneur you need so many documents so please i need help. Thanks
It's not difficult if you provide all the documents that they've asked for. If you have your funds overseas, you will need to get a letter from the bank(s). Please go through the policy guidance: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

makingastart
Newly Registered

Post by makingastart » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:06 pm

After the applicant is granted the entrepreneur visa, can the business just use the overseas account to fund their operation or is the applicant required to transfer all the overseas funds into a UK business account?

rajm2012

Post by rajm2012 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:00 pm

makingastart wrote:After the applicant is granted the entrepreneur visa, can the business just use the overseas account to fund their operation or is the applicant required to transfer all the overseas funds into a UK business account?
I'm not sure about this. You should ask an accountant about this. However, in my opinion, any money that you take out from your personal bank account for your company is a loan to your company (as company is considered an entity of its own). I think you should clear this out with an accountant. Get some expert advice.

makingastart
Newly Registered

Post by makingastart » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:49 pm

rajm2012 wrote:
makingastart wrote:After the applicant is granted the entrepreneur visa, can the business just use the overseas account to fund their operation or is the applicant required to transfer all the overseas funds into a UK business account?
I'm not sure about this. You should ask an accountant about this. However, in my opinion, any money that you take out from your personal bank account for your company is a loan to your company (as company is considered an entity of its own). I think you should clear this out with an accountant. Get some expert advice.
Is the accountant the best person to talk about this? I am applying for the 200k entrepreneur visa and I have asked an immigration consultant whether the business can be funded from an overseas bank account after the entrepreneur visa is granted but I'm not sure if she is 100% correct or not. My plan is to open a UK business bank account after being granted the visa and then transfer the overseas funds periodically into the UK account as needed rather than having to transfer the whole 200k to the UK bank account all at once (the exchange rate is quite high at the moment).

The immigration consultant I spoke to says there isn't a regulation that the business must run directly from a UK bank account. I'm hoping to get more opinion about this, perhaps I will post this question as a topic so more people can see this.

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:01 pm

The business can be funded from an overseas account.

There is no requirement to bring funds in one go. You can bring them gradually as and when the business requires it. However, you need to make sure that you bring in and invest 200k before your extension.

As the immigration consultant told you that there isn't a regulation that the business must run directly from a UK bank account but the only thing you've got to make sure is that you invest 200k in a UK business. Therefore, my suggestion is that you should bring all funds in UK to keep things simple.

rajm2012

Post by rajm2012 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:18 pm

makingastart wrote:
rajm2012 wrote:
Is the accountant the best person to talk about this? I am applying for the 200k entrepreneur visa and I have asked an immigration consultant whether the business can be funded from an overseas bank account after the entrepreneur visa is granted but I'm not sure if she is 100% correct or not. My plan is to open a UK business bank account after being granted the visa and then transfer the overseas funds periodically into the UK account as needed rather than having to transfer the whole 200k to the UK bank account all at once (the exchange rate is quite high at the moment).

The immigration consultant I spoke to says there isn't a regulation that the business must run directly from a UK bank account. I'm hoping to get more opinion about this, perhaps I will post this question as a topic so more people can see this.
From the immigration point of view, it is all clear. You can fund your business operations from anywhere in the world as long as you can show proofs. From the accounting point of view, this may create problems as the company is a separate entity of its own and whatever funds you give to the company is a loan from you. But I'm sure there are other ways..may be, your company could issue new shares to you and you pay for the shares??

Without confusing you any further, it is perfectly fine to invest money into your business from your account anywhere in the world as long as you can provide proofs. You just need to get an accountant to sort out the accounts for you, that's all.

makingastart
Newly Registered

Post by makingastart » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:58 pm

rajm2012 wrote: From the immigration point of view, it is all clear. You can fund your business operations from anywhere in the world as long as you can show proofs. From the accounting point of view, this may create problems as the company is a separate entity of its own and whatever funds you give to the company is a loan from you. But I'm sure there are other ways..may be, your company could issue new shares to you and you pay for the shares??

Without confusing you any further, it is perfectly fine to invest money into your business from your account anywhere in the world as long as you can provide proofs. You just need to get an accountant to sort out the accounts for you, that's all.
Thanks rajm2012 and bluebird2011.

The GBP exchange rate is quite high at the moment so I would like to keep it in the original currency longer rather than converting it all in one go.
After I receive the entrepreneur visa, I plan to transfer 50k into the bank account and then keep transferring whenever I need to spend more money for the business until I reach 200k or more (while keeping in mind I would have to use up the 200k by the end of year 3 if I wish to renew the entrepreneur visa).

nofear_mna
Newly Registered

Post by nofear_mna » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:07 pm

How much time home office normally takes if i have got money in my own account in my own country. thanks

nofear_mna
Newly Registered

Post by nofear_mna » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:10 pm

How do home office checks the overseas bank accounts. Thanks