ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part-time or Self employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tom15
Newly Registered

Part-time or Self employed

Post by Tom15 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi
I am lacking 5k for my visa HSMP and can you tell me which is the best option?

I got both options in hand..

1) Do a part-time in software for a company working from home during weekends and get the pay as normal employment with pay slips

2) Do self- employment and do some work for the company or clients and get the money into the account and do Tax Returns at the end

I got my visa renewal (tier-1) in feb and which one is the safest and less hastle and is the best option would you recommend?

closer1973
Newly Registered

Re: Part-time or Self employed

Post by closer1973 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:40 am

Tom15 wrote:Hi
I am lacking 5k for my visa HSMP and can you tell me which is the best option?

I got both options in hand..

1) Do a part-time in software for a company working from home during weekends and get the pay as normal employment with pay slips

2) Do self- employment and do some work for the company or clients and get the money into the account and do Tax Returns at the end

I got my visa renewal (tier-1) in feb and which one is the safest and less hastle and is the best option would you recommend?

really the choice is yours but if i were you to prevent the hassle of getting an accountants letter(for that matter a reputable one) and issues with ni class 2 etc, if i have the choice of getting a more straightforward payslips employment which is verifiable, i would go for that..................but again thats my choice, depending on what you want , ur choice might be different but regardless all the best