ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR maintenance question (old rules)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MWill

ILR maintenance question (old rules)

Post by MWill » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:11 am

We're doing my wife's ILR soon, and I've noticed that in the last three months we've spent a bit more than I've earned. This is really due to a couple of vacations and trips, as we tend to pay off our credit card bills in full. We have a lot of savings between us and my income is comfortably above the income support level when rent and council tax are deducted, so this shouldn't be a problem, should it? I don't use my overdaft and have never claimed public funds.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:17 am

It won't be a problem.

MWill

Post by MWill » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks Greenie!

Also, due to switching from online to paper statements and making a request, the oldest of my wife's three statements (US account) just came as an A4 printout, no logo, but with a cover letter from the bank with the logo. It isn't an account that any income goes into or any bills are paid from, it's really a big savings account, though we do use it sometimes (for things like vacations). Our income goes into my account and we can prove we meet the old maintenance level from that, so should that be OK?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:35 am

Yes.

MWill

Post by MWill » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks again! Her statements show a few payments to her credit card and ATM withdrawals recently due to those trips, but I guess that's OK as long as my accounts show that we meet the rent/CT/IS level?
Last edited by MWill on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MWill

Post by MWill » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:00 am

Just one more question! It may be that due to the timings of things, the post, etc., my wife's last statament will be 4 or 5 days over a month old when we send the application. Her account has a high balance (as I said, it's really savings), and all my documents will be recently dated, so that should be OK, shouldn't it?

MWill

Post by MWill » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:52 am

Will all of this be OK?