ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form reference

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BR20
Newly Registered

MN1 form reference

Post by BR20 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Guys,

I will be applying for my son's British Citizenship and been having a few minor hiccups with the whole MN1 form (references in particular) bit.

Would appreciate it if the following can be addressed :

1) Firstly, does the "child or family engagement worker" at our local council qualify as a valid professional referee if they have interacted with our kid on a professional level?

2) For the other "more personal reference" say if we go to one of our family friends' what should they be writing in the "how do you know the child"? section?

3) Is it a valid condition for the referees to have known either the parents (if the child is less than 3 years of age) or the child for them to qualify as valid referees?

I would appreciate a timely response.

Regards,

mr_danny

Re: MN1 form reference

Post by mr_danny » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:44 pm

BR20 wrote:Hi Guys,

I will be applying for my son's British Citizenship and been having a few minor hiccups with the whole MN1 form (references in particular) bit.

Would appreciate it if the following can be addressed :

1) Firstly, does the "child or family engagement worker" at our local council qualify as a valid professional referee if they have interacted with our kid on a professional level?

2) For the other "more personal reference" say if we go to one of our family friends' what should they be writing in the "how do you know the child"? section?

3) Is it a valid condition for the referees to have known either the parents (if the child is less than 3 years of age) or the child for them to qualify as valid referees?

I would appreciate a timely response.

Regards,

They are not that particular with small age applicants. Your friends/colleagues can sign as long as they meet the criteria