ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing Indian Passort Due to Expire

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

avtarjain1980

Renewing Indian Passort Due to Expire

Post by avtarjain1980 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Dear Members,

Please help me to clarify on some doubts (I have been struggling a lot for last 3-4 days)

My passport is due to expire in another 6-7 months but I want it to be renewed to allow hassle free trip to india. I have gone through the Forums and discussions and made up my mind for -

- I will personally go to HCI London and submit the application
- I will pay by Cash
- I will give Self-Addressed envelop for postal delivery

1) Do I have to submit my Biometric card with application
2) (Not changing address) Do I need to provide any proof of address - UK or India. As per HCIL website - NO (But in this forum some one suggested yes to other)
cheers
AVTAR

rentmeda

Re: Renewing Indian Passort Due to Expire

Post by rentmeda » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:33 am

avtarjain1980 wrote:Dear Members,

Please help me to clarify on some doubts (I have been struggling a lot for last 3-4 days)

My passport is due to expire in another 6-7 months but I want it to be renewed to allow hassle free trip to india. I have gone through the Forums and discussions and made up my mind for -

- I will personally go to HCI London and submit the application
- I will pay by Cash
- I will give Self-Addressed envelop for postal delivery

1) Do I have to submit my Biometric card with application
2) (Not changing address) Do I need to provide any proof of address - UK or India. As per HCIL website - NO (But in this forum some one suggested yes to other)
1. Not sure how it works with Biometric card. Normally they ask photocopy of all pages in passport which have stamps. (self attested)
2. Address proof is not mentioned on website but they seem to be asking for it (UK address proof).