ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens if I don't get granted a Marriage Visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AubreyBullock
Newly Registered

What happens if I don't get granted a Marriage Visa?

Post by AubreyBullock » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:47 pm

I wrote the address down wrong by accident. I switched a couple number in the postal code.

Just worse case... if I don't get the visa... will I have to leave and go back home?

ouflak1

Re: What happens if I don't get granted a Marriage Visa?

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:59 pm

AubreyBullock wrote:I wrote the address down wrong by accident. I switched a couple number in the postal code.

Just worse case... if I don't get the visa... will I have to leave and go back home?
This probably isn't a deal-breaker. Nevertheless, you should write them a letter explaining the error and give them the correct address.

Need just a few more details though just in case:

What is your current status in the UK? When does that status expire?

What is your husband's nationality? If not British, what is his status?

What is your nationality?

AubreyBullock
Newly Registered

Post by AubreyBullock » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:13 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
AubreyBullock wrote:I wrote the address down wrong by accident. I switched a couple number in the postal code.

This probably isn't a deal-breaker. Nevertheless, you should write them a letter explaining the error and give them the correct address.

I am American and he is British, we are in the UK now, I am on a fiance visa. we just got married and I just sent away the Marriage Visa App. My Visa expires the first week of next month.

But I'm wandering.. what happens if you don't get the visa? Not specifically my case. Would one still have to leave? Or would you be able to stay because you are married?

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:23 pm

AubreyBullock wrote:
ouflak1 wrote:

I am American and he is British, we are in the UK now, I am on a fiance visa. we just got married and I just sent away the Marriage Visa App. My Visa expires the first week of next month.

But I'm wandering.. what happens if you don't get the visa? Not specifically my case. Would one still have to leave? Or would you be able to stay because you are married?
Sorry about not responding sooner. In the (unlikely I think) event that your visa is refused, you would have a limited time to leave the country. So technically yes, you would be required to leave. However, that said, if they refused the visa on the grounds of a couple of switched numbers on a postal code, as long as this wasn't deliberate deception, an appeal or a reconsideration request would very likely be successful. Write them and explain the mistake, supplying the correct postal code. You should be fine.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Well, your application won't be refused for getting the postcode wrong.
The potential problem may be ... the post / delivery man getting confused where to deliver the package when UKBA sends it back.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!