ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt to apply citizenship for dependant, please help me.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pavani27
Newly Registered

Doubt to apply citizenship for dependant, please help me.

Post by pavani27 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi,
We(me & wife as dependant) got the ILR on last year, so we are eligible to apply citizenship at this month, but I have one doubt before to apply and That is "Shall my wife can apply citizenship along with me, even though she hasn't completed 5 years in the UK(nearly 5 months less for 5 years)?", so please let us know what could we do in this situation?

Thanks,
Pav.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:51 pm

She does not need to complete five years of residence (which includes one year free from immigration control) if she applies as the spouse of a British citizen; for which the residence period is three years. So, you can apply and then she should apply for herself on the basis of your grant (but she must make sure that she was physically present in the UK exactly on the day three years prior to the date of her application). I'm have read hearsay (only) that is it possible to bundle such applications and request that they be treated in series; first yours, and then hers on the basis of yours being approved. Good luck!

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:37 am

Lucapooka wrote:She does not need to complete five years of residence (which includes one year free from immigration control) if she applies as the spouse of a British citizen; for which the residence period is three years. So, you can apply and then she should apply for herself on the basis of your grant (but she must make sure that she was physically present in the UK exactly on the day three years prior to the date of her application). I'm have read hearsay (only) that is it possible to bundle such applications and request that they be treated in series; first yours, and then hers on the basis of yours being approved. Good luck!
She can not apply unless you get your BC as she hasnt finished 5 years. In past people has gone the route as described above unsuccessfully. If you apply together then it is at the discretion of case worker to consider your wife's case for BC. My advise unless you have money to gamble on this apply for your first and then as soon as you become BC apply for your wife next day.

pavani27
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by pavani27 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Thanks for the reply and please let me know shall wait to another 5 months or better to apply mine now, later for my wife. Thanks advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:25 pm

A joint application is cheaper than two single application (£1317 and £1702). If you are not in a rush and you both will meet the requirements in 5 months, I would find something else to do with nearly £400.