ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application outside the 15 months previous earnings bracket?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chuckvyl
Newly Registered

Application outside the 15 months previous earnings bracket?

Post by chuckvyl » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi All,
I am little bit worried because of what i discovered today.
I applied for Tier one General extension on Friday, 27th of July 2012 using Courier(DHL) and the application was received by Home office on Monday, 30th of July 2012.
In my previous earnings, i claimed for earnings between 28 April 2011 and 28 October 2011,which is enough for my extension.
I never knew that applications by post office are treated differently to applications made by courier in terms of deciding the "date of application".

Could someone help me out to know if the date my application was received by Home office takes me out of the 15 month bracket please?
If that is the case then my 28 April earning will not be used hence my application would be refused based on earnings lower than £26,000.
If i had used the POST OFFICe then my application date would have been the date i posted it(27 July).
I am really worried coz my visa has just expired on 17th september 2012.
The Home office uses Calendar months.
For example 28 April -27 May,28 May - 27 June etc.

Help a brother

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:47 am

Yes you should have used Post Office.

If your income will be lower than 26000 only because of one day deduction, again its your mistake. Safe margin is always important which you ignored. Your case could become an example for many.

However, I wish and hope that your application will not be dealt by a newly appointed CW who likes to pick maximum fish out of water. Seniors may ignore because of the courier date. By rules, they can reject straightaway, I'm afraid. So it's a fifty fifty.
lets get together for migrants' rights

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:00 pm

chuckvyl wrote:Hi All,
Just a curious soul here.
Two weeks ago i called the Home office General Visa Rules hotline and i got on the line with a lady.
I asked her if it was psossible for one's Visa to be refused even after doing Biometrics,she emphatically told me NO.She explained that if the Visa was going to be denied that the Case Worker would not request for Biometrics.
Any one with a different experience in the forum please?

Basically,do you know of any person whose Tier 1 General Visa extension visa was denied even after doing Biometrics?

Again,i asked her how Home Office interprets "Previous earnings".
My question was this: I used 28 April 2011 to 28 November 2011 as the periods i claimed earnings.And my April salary was paid into my account exactly 28th April 2011,so i asked her would the April earning be discounted because it was a payment for work done before April 28th.She again emphatically said NO.She said that earning period means when you were paid NOT when you worked for it.
Any person with any experience in this realm help me out please.

Thank you
Thank you
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:04 pm

You were ill-advised by the UKBA help line.

Biometrics enrolment has nothing to do with outcome of an application and is not an indication of success of an application. It just means that a valid application (e.g. - used the specified form, fees paid, in-time application) has been submitted.

UKBA helpline is not a place to seek advice on the minute details of PBS eligibility criteria!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

chuckvyl
Newly Registered

Post by chuckvyl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:13 pm

sushdmehta wrote:You were ill-advised by the UKBA help line.

Biometrics enrolment has nothing to do with outcome of an application and is not an indication of success of an application. It just means that a valid application (e.g. - used the specified form, fees paid, in-time application) has been submitted.

UKBA helpline is not a place to seek advice on the minute details of PBS eligibility criteria!!
All,the same,ever heard of anyone denied Tier general visa extension after Biometrics done?

Even in POE you do Biometrics only when you will be issued VISA.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Sushdmehta has already told you that you were wrongly informed.

To your other question, I know people that have been refused visas after giving biometrics.

Kind Regards

chuckvyl
Newly Registered

Post by chuckvyl » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 pm

thebionicredneck2003 wrote:Sushdmehta has already told you that you were wrongly informed.

To your other question, I know people that have been refused visas after giving biometrics.

Kind Regards
Good,but my main question is still unanswered though.How are the boundaries for previous earnings checked.Is it when you were payed or when you worked for it?
if you claimed for eg between 26th january to 26th November 2012 and you get paid every 26th.Will the money/salary paid paid on 26th of January be discounted for being outside the period you claimed just because it was for work done before January 26th?#
I believe the words "previous earnings" refer to money.I hope my understanding of English is right.So previous earnings literally means "previous Money".That's my question guys.

for example Again,Every April 6th is a new tax year,if you did a work for a client on march 30th and you got paid on April 30th,on which tax year does your money fall into? Would the HMRC class you under the previous tax year because you worked for it the tax year before?

That's my main question not even the biometrics issue.

Thank you