ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa for turkey

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rogerroger
Member of Standing

visa for turkey

Post by rogerroger » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:15 pm

Hello

I was wondering if anyone had applied for a visa at the Turkish embassy in london. I checked online and it says that enquiries take 6-8 weeks to come through. I was hoping to visit Turkey on the New Year.

Also the turkish embassy's site states

British passport holders can obtain tourist visa either at the port of entry in Turkey for £10,00 or from this Consulate General for £ 50,00.

is there a difference in the 10 GBP visa and the 50 GBP visa, why would some one want to get a visa from the consulate general for 50 GBP if you could get it on entry for 10 GBP?

Christophe
Diamond Member

Re: visa for turkey

Post by Christophe » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:40 pm

For ordinary short visits to Turkey, British passport holders are well served by getting a visa at the airport on arrival. I don't know, but I imagine that the out-of-country consulate can issue different sorts of visas (longer stay, multiple entry, etc).
rogerroger wrote:Hello

I was wondering if anyone had applied for a visa at the Turkish embassy in london. I checked online and it says that enquiries take 6-8 weeks to come through. I was hoping to visit Turkey on the New Year.

Also the turkish embassy's site states

British passport holders can obtain tourist visa either at the port of entry in Turkey for £10,00 or from this Consulate General for £ 50,00.

is there a difference in the 10 GBP visa and the 50 GBP visa, why would some one want to get a visa from the consulate general for 50 GBP if you could get it on entry for 10 GBP?

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:38 pm

thanks for the reply

my wife has an indian passport, i was wondering if anyone had applied for a turkish visa at the turkish embassy?

shelby
Newly Registered

Post by shelby » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:09 pm

Just came back from turkey in september,,, to canada,,, Had no problem with visa ,, just had to stand in line for hr,, in istanbul and no questions asked,, visa was good for 3 months with multiple entries,, couldn't be simpler,, :D

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:19 pm

shelby

do you have a canadian passport or british passport (or that does not make any difference)

is it 10 GBP or 50 GBP, any idea what the difference between the visa upon arrival is and the visa from the london consulate is?

dnt
Newly Registered

turkish visa

Post by dnt » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:04 pm

Hi Roger,
You can check out this website: http://www.devletim.com/git.asp?link=390
This tells you who needs a visa and where it can be obtained and how much it costs. If it just says that the "ordinary passport holders" which I assume you and your wife are (the other category is for government officials), are required to get a visa then you need to go get it at the embassy. However if it adds that the visa can be obtained at the border, then you don't need to go to the embassy.

You as a UK citizen are required to get a visa and can do that at the border, which is apparently cheaper and stated clearly on the website of the Turkish embassy in London. So the price difference is no mistake. This is probably because the application needs to be sent to Turkey etc so it all costs more time and money than simply getting it at the border.

Your wife who is an Indian citizen, needs to get the visa at the embassy though.

The visa you'd get at the embassy and pay 50 pounds for, is no different than the visa you'd request and get at the border for 10 pounds. "They can obtain a three months multiple entry sticker type visa at the port of entry in Turkey for £10 or through this Consulate General for £50." This quote is from the website of the Turkish embassy in London.

You will need to make an appointment for your wife which you can do online.

Also check out http://www.e-konsolosluk.net/InfoNotes/ ... spx?ID=300 which has useful info.

Good luck!
DnT

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:10 pm

thanks for the info dnt