ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Availing HSMP Second Time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xavier
Newly Registered

Availing HSMP Second Time

Post by xavier » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:35 am

Dear Forum Members

I have a query. Can I avail the hsmp facility again ? I got HSMP last year under MBA provision. Went to UK and returned back to my country after spending 11 months as jobless and without making an application for HSMP extension after initial one year. My leave has already expired . I have required 75 points on the basis of UK MBA provison and want to gain HSMP again by making a fresh application. Will it be permitted by Home Office?

Thanks for your time and co-operation.

Xavier

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:18 pm

Short answer is yes.

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:33 pm

My friend got HSMP then got a great opportunity work overseas for 1 year, so he did. He won't be able to apply for HSMP extension, because he won't have enough points. But, if he apply for a new HSMP he will have enough points (because of the salary bands in the country he is working now). Will it be permitted for one to apply for a brand new HSMP application while his limited leave to remain from his first HSMP application is still valid ? Or, shall he wait until his current leave expires before re-applying for HSMP ?
Thank you.

ravi_k_b
Newly Registered

Post by ravi_k_b » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:58 pm

I too have a doubt on this .....

I was working for an IT company in India serving a UK client. I applied HSMP(over28) and got approval in Apr2006 for one year(till Apr'07). when I planned to move out, my company offered me onsite assigment with same UK client. I accepted the offer as the job is ready to start.
I have been working since Apr2006 in UK the day I landed here.

As this is an Indian company has operations in UK and India. my employment is considered as secondment to UK by my employer and I am being paid 1800GBP/ month + indian sal(more than GBP7500 per anum paid to my bank in India monthly).
As per present assignment, I planned to continue to work till Feb'07 and
apply for for Extention (FLR)in Mar07. But can't get extention (75 pts)

As per the new rules I cannot satisfy for salary points even though I have Masters (35 point).

Now as my current job in UK is a secondment, and I am still an employee of my Indian employer and getting sal in India with my sal+masters I qualify for new HSMP scriteria , can I apply as a new applicant..
my case is little complicated but any thoughts please ..