ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Solihull PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

inna

Success at Solihull PEO

Post by inna » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:00 pm

I had my ILR approved at a premium appointment at Solihull recently - thanks to the forum for providing me with loads of information.

I arrived 30+ mins before my appointment, like they ask, but everything was done incredibly quickly. I waited 5 mins at the door, was through security in 15 seconds, then my number was called up within 5 mins of arriving.

The caseworker was very friendly - she asked for the application form and passport, then my Life in the UK test, then for 12 months of payslips and bank statements, then how long I've been out of the UK for (160 or so days). She then said she needed 5 mins 'out of the back' for a check.

She came back and it was all done. She never asked for any other documents and the only thing she checked thoroughly was that my payslips matched my bank statements. I paid at the counter nearby, waited 10 mins for my biometrics to be done, then waited for 90 mins at the shopping centre nearby until my documents were ready to collect.

It is pretty shocking how quickly an application can be processed when they still take 4-6 months for postal applications.

One of the best things I learnt from this forum was that you need to go onto the premium appointment booking website at midnight. Unfortunately I found this out too late, so I needed to pay a visa company for an appointment before my current leave expired (they did an application and document check as part of the service), but it's something that is great to know for anyone looking to book.

Thanks for all the help!

Ozair

Re: Success at Solihull PEO

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:07 pm

congratulations!

I would like to work for ukba in the back office where it would take 20 minutes to process the application and 5-6 months of doing nothing :P ...

But thats how it is.

Can you tell me which visa service you used to get a premium appointment and how much did they charge you? I have already got an appointment booked for 3rd October at solihull but there is just one thing that i am worried about (the appointment is 3 days short of 2 years anniversary for my wife's stay in uk). This should not be a problem but it would help if i can secure another appointment through the company you mentioned if things dont go smoothly. Also, how much did they charge you for the appointment?

yallow

Post by yallow » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:08 pm

congrats!
Just curious what do you think she checked during those 5 mins?

inna

Post by inna » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:12 pm

SET O (I had 2 years of HSMP and 3 years of Tier 1 General).

I paid £495+VAT for the appointment and checking service. It was good to get an application and document check as I was denied for Tier 1 due to a missing document... which then meant I had to appeal and wait about 6 months for my passport.

inna

Post by inna » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:12 pm

yallow wrote:congrats!
Just curious what do you think she checked during those 5 mins?
I would guess it was my time out of the UK? I don't know for sure, but maybe their systems can show this when they scan a passport?

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:35 pm

:D Congratulations mate. for your success.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:56 am

Hi inna: which option did you tick on SECTION 9 - TIER 1 POINTS SCORING ASSESSMENT (B2 and B4 )

B2. Please indicate your method of verifying your qualification:

and

B4 Please tick to confirm the documents that you have sent.........

Thanks

brian78

queery

Post by brian78 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:22 am

hi there
please could you tell me through whcih agency you booked your appointment. i am in the same situation as well
thank you in advance
brian

inna

Post by inna » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:11 am

arifahmmed wrote:Hi inna: which option did you tick on SECTION 9 - TIER 1 POINTS SCORING ASSESSMENT (B2 and B4 )

B2. Please indicate your method of verifying your qualification:

and

B4 Please tick to confirm the documents that you have sent.........

Thanks
I did take my degree with me, just in case, but I never noted it on the document checklist... wanted to have it just in case.

B2. Qualification recognised on points calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application

B4. Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1 (General) application

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks inna for your information

rizwo

Post by rizwo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Cog8

One Question did she reconcile the days out sheet with your passport stamps?

Plz Advice.

inna

Post by inna » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:51 pm

rizwo wrote:Cog8

One Question did she reconcile the days out sheet with your passport stamps?

Plz Advice.
She looked at my list of times out of the UK, asked how many days I'd been out, I said '160 or so' and that was it. I'm not sure if she later checked this information on a system, but she never checked it with each stamp on my passport.