ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different name on BRP/PP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nkanalyst

Different name on BRP/PP

Post by nkanalyst » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Dear All,

My wife is currently in India for our baby's delivery. I wanted to add my name on her passport for getting baby's passport and Tier- Dependent Visa done (I have heard it is necessary to do so).

Her current passport having her maiden name and surname and we haven't changed it at all after marriage. Her BRP also have her original maiden name.

If we change her name on passport at this moment then will it a be an issue? In that case her middle name and surname will be different on passport than BRP.

Will it troublesome when she will land back in UK?

Your advise or opinion will be appreciated. Thank you.

Kind regards,
NK.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Different name on BRP/PP

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:35 pm

nkanalyst wrote:My wife is currently in India for our baby's delivery. I wanted to add my name on her passport for getting baby's passport and Tier- Dependent Visa done (I have heard it is necessary to do so).
Rubbish.
nkanalyst wrote:Her current passport having her maiden name and surname and we haven't changed it at all after marriage. Her BRP also have her original maiden name.
Any reason that you /your wife wants that she adopts you family name now? Life will go on as usual .. for all practical purposes ... even if she continues to retain her maiden name! So why bother!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Just add your name on her passport as her spouse rather than go for her name change. However, as the previous response says, it's not needed.
Regards,
crowbar6