ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP and WP related query, please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijier
Newly Registered

HSMP and WP related query, please help

Post by vijier » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:39 pm

Hi,
I am on work permit since June 2003 and my FLR-IED is valid till Aug 2009. I will get my PR in June 2008. But, I am looking for a job in London and I am planning to switch over to HSMP as it is difficult to find an employer who will sponsor my work permit.

My queries are
1. Is it advisable to switch over to HSMP as they are changing rules now and then?
2. If I get my HSMP, do I still need to go for FLR-IED stamping?
3. Will I be granted HSMP for one year only?

Please advise me as I need to apply this December as I am just about to cross 31 years in Feb’07.

Many Thanks

meggles

Post by meggles » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:01 am

i am here in the UK on a WP. if i stayed on WP I would be eligable for IRL in Sep 08 (so similiiar timeline to you) Iwant to switch to HSMP for job flexability. Will be applying in Jan 07.

1- For me it's advisable to change now. The new HSMP rules favor me now more than they used to.
2-Once your HSMP is granted you need to apply for FLR(HSMP). THis must be done within 6 months, must be done by post, and costs an additional £3??. You must send your passport in with this, and be without it for 4-8 weeks.
3- I THOUGHT 2 years. Please correct me if this is not right.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:26 am

As per my knowledge Meggles is correct.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

vijier
Newly Registered

Post by vijier » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:49 pm

Thanks for your responses. Glad to know that the initial approval period is for 2yrs so if granted, I can go for ILR in 2008.

When checking the eligibility, I am confused about the points for age. I am 30 now and so, please can you tell me how many points will I get?

In one of the HSMP documents, I find the points for 30 as 5 and in some documents I find it as 10.

meggles

Post by meggles » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:12 pm

if you're applying for initial HSMP aged 30 garners you 5 points. according to guidance notes:
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... idance.doc

it appears that you were looking at the guidance notes for FLR(HSMP). if you're applying for HSMP extension then being 30 gives you 10 points:
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... idance.doc
page 26...

vijier
Newly Registered

Post by vijier » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:16 am

Hi,
Many thanks for your prompt reply. Even I am planning to apply in a month or so. I am a bit confused about the submission of past earnings.
If I am submitting my application in Dec 2006, do I need to show my income proof since Dec 2005?

I have my P60 form for Apr 2005 - Apr 2006. I recently switched my job in Sep 2006. So, I have my P45 form from Apr 2006- Sep 2006.
Do I still need to show all my pay slips or my appointment or salary revision letter showing my gross salary??

Kindly advise.

meggles

Post by meggles » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:55 am

it is my understanding that if you're applying in dec 06 you'll be claiming income for past 12 months.

therefore, i would show income from Dec 05 - Nov 06. That's 12 months worth of income.

if i were in your position- i would show pay slips for each month. i would also show P60 (even though it only cover Dec 05 - April 06 income). I have never seen a P45, so I don't know exactly what information is covered.

lastly, since you can't show Income tax returns for Dec 05 - Nov 06, i would show bank statements for each month, showing salary deposited.

hsmporwp

salary increase

Post by hsmporwp » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:56 am

if the salary has increased within the years time since the approval of the work permit. is it required to inform home office about these changes (in terms of technical changes)?

please bear in mind that the increase was %8 in 3 years time so nothing substantial.

Because with the new salary i fall into another wage category that qualifies me for HSMP but i do not want to have trouble because of this increase.

i would appreciate your comments.

thanks

vijier
Newly Registered

Post by vijier » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:12 am

thanks for your prompt replies meggles...

Bhumi

Re: salary increase

Post by Bhumi » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:28 am

[quote="hsmporwp"]if the salary has increased within the years time since the approval of the work permit. is it required to inform home office about these changes (in terms of technical changes)?

please bear in mind that the increase was %8 in 3 years time so nothing substantial.

Because with the new salary i fall into another wage category that qualifies me for HSMP but i do not want to have trouble because of this increase.

i would appreciate your comments.

thanks[/quote

i dont think it matters if you had an increase. The way they will calculate your earning wil be total of your last 12 months salary slips.

I too have had an rise in salary just 2 months back. I will be however be applying for HSMP in jan. So i will be taking my salary slips with pay rise for last 4 months and remaining 8 months old salary slips. But the total makes me fall into a higher salary bracket.

So just calculate how much you have earned in last 12 months...and this will show you your salary bracket to fall into.

Hope that helps.

hsmporwp

Post by hsmporwp » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:46 am

it helps bhumi.

thanks for your reply...

meggles

Post by meggles » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:49 am

i have had two wage increases in the 3 1/2 years i've been on WP. over 20% raise (increase in responsibilities)... when i went up for WP renewal about a year ago, they asked my take home pay and no problem.

i'm going to be applying for HSMP in jan 07. i'm showing last 12 pay slips. don't anticpate problem.