ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Only have copies of Ancestry proof

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chrispy
Newly Registered

Only have copies of Ancestry proof

Post by Chrispy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi all,
Hope someone can help. I have just passed the life in the UK test and was looking for an in-person appointment before expiry of current ancestry visa to apply for ILR.
Somehow I hit the jackpot and found one free next week, but only then saw that in order to apply I need all documentation that was provided on the original Ancestry application 5 years ago. Needless to say I don't have all of these as they were returned to my parents in Aus, but I do have all the photocopies.
So my question is should I push my luck and attend the appointment with copies, after contacting parents to get originals here ASAP or should I just cancel and try and re-book when I have the originals in hand
Feel stupid for not seeing that before, but don't want to risk having to post in application if I can't get another appointment in time for expiry of visa.

Any urgent suggestions welcome
Thanks

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:10 am

I think DHL have premium service for delivering 24 hours time. If your parents have all documents in hand you could try to get them by DHL.
thanks