ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a couple of querry regarding naturalization from northern ir

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dr_raihan29

a couple of querry regarding naturalization from northern ir

Post by dr_raihan29 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:00 pm

Dear All, I will be applying for naturalization soon(18th oct) at a NCS at London. from previous posts I know that the application is a bit time consuming and annoying if done by a nortern ireland resident as there is a extra step of UKBA writing back to you to organise local police check as they don't have access to PSNI database(!!) which adds a couple of extra months to the already painfully long processing time
But recently I have come accross 2 families who have succesfully received naturalization without being asked for this extra step(within 2012). my question does anyone know if there has been a change in policy as such? or maybe finally they can access the database from here?

also The NCS I presume will photocopy all the documents or do I need to photocopy and they will attest
thanks in advance for the help

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:52 pm

also can I add, If I am applying at a ncs do I still need to fillup ukba payment slip at home or can i pay on site there with a credit/debit card?

would be grateful for your answere

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Don't know about PSNI.

NCS will photocopy themselves. They won't take the fee themselves but if you haven't filled the fee form before the appointment, they will fill it in with you during the appointment.

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:36 pm

thanks jambo!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:52 pm

dr_raihan29 wrote:hi there I will be applying on the 18th of october at a NCS but will travel out of uk on the 15th november. I plan to return in the last week of december Being too hopeful as I am,...... hoping that the approval might come through in the post maybe mid december onwards. my questions are

1)does it need to be signed for?(as no one will be at home)

2)incase i get approval while i am away how long do I have, to book a ceremony??

many thanks in advanced
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:06 pm

You must book a ceremony within 3 weeks, and must attend a ceremony within 3 months - unless there are compelling circumstances (6.11).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:32 pm

thanks sushmedha for a prompt reply.............:( now that makes it complicated.........3 months is ok as i would definitely be back but 3 weeks might be a problem.....hahahahhaha almost makes me wish that my application gets delayed! I bet this is the first time any1 said that in this forum!! on a more serious note though this is quite a headache now "incase I get lucky to be processed quicker than average and end up losing the money cause I was lucky"

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:40 pm

I don't think the 3 weeks (to contact the council) is actually enforced but the 3 months (to attend the ceremony) is.