ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advise needed for travelling

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prova

advise needed for travelling

Post by prova » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:19 am

hi ,

i am psw visa till 2012 June . In 2012 april it would be my 10 years of Uk and i would be eligible to apply for ILR hopefully . For some family reason i have to leave my job and go to Bangladesh for two months on october and planing to come back on last of november. will it be any problem on immigration control . will i be screwed by immigration officer in airport when i would be back to uk . if any one have idea pls share .

thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:41 am

You will be screwed if your leave has already expired, as you seem to be indicating.

prova

Post by prova » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:17 pm

thanks for reply .if already my leave expired threre is no point to come and screwed . my leave will expired on june 2012 .i am coming back this november .wanted to know will they ask me a lot as wont have job here .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: advise needed for travelling

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:33 pm

prova wrote:i am psw visa till 2012 June . In 2012 april it would be my 10 years of Uk and i would be eligible to apply for ILR hopefully .
I am bit confused!
Both these dates have passed and, in such case, you are already an overstayer (since June 2012). How do you intend to come back (legally) .. when any entry clearance application will be subject to 320(7B)?

Or am I missing something here?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

prova

Post by prova » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:05 pm

yes , it is my mistake . the expire date of PSW VISA should be 2013 . I am planning to travel in October to november last for two months in 2012 . I am working right know but if i go for 2 months i must leave my job . my approximate date of coming back would be 26 nov 2012 and my 10 years would be fullfilled in april 2013 . As i would not have job in november i am really scared if some reason they (airport Immigartion Control ) dont allow me to enter in any excuses.

please help me with your suggestion .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Where does it say that PSW migrant can only travel abroad only when he/she remain employed in the UK during the period of absence?
Nowhere, to the best of my knowledge.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!