ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Dependants - Apply together vs separate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

depakgupta
Newly Registered

T1 Dependants - Apply together vs separate

Post by depakgupta » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:45 pm

I have tier 1 general visa and my wife has dependant visa in same category. We need to apply for extension. We both are in UK for more than a year.

The current guidelines are creating a confusion whether we should apply for extension together or separately. There are different fee for both. Applying separately has lower fee for dependant (I don't know why). I am wondering if I first apply for extension, is there any impact on my wife's visa?

Any help is appreciated.

depakgupta
Newly Registered

No replies ??

Post by depakgupta » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:51 pm

-----------------
Do no-one know its answer? Please help.

Is there any telephone for UK border agency where I can call for help.
-----------------

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:31 am

what is the difference in fees?

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 pm

I assume you are talking about applying in person i.e. at PEO.

If your case is straight forward and you are confident that you will
get the decision on the same day, then you can opt for PEO for your self and
once you get your decision, you can apply for your wife by post.

It is just a suggestion, final call is yours.

hsmp505

Re: No replies ??

Post by hsmp505 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:08 am

depakgupta wrote:-----------------
Do no-one know its answer? Please help.

Is there any telephone for UK border agency where I can call for help.
-----------------
Yes, you can apply first and then your wife BUT there can be major risk in this.

I am assuming that,
You are going to apply before a month (recommended) or so before expiry of your visa by post which means you must get approval and BRP back before your wife's visa expiry which is same as yours and then apply for her before that.

UKBA is taking quite some time in processing postal application since May and many people are waiting for 5 months and still no response so above situation is not viable.

Other case can be if you apply in person, which means you pay extra £300 anyway so you already paid more then you can save and still no guarantee that you get your approval same day.

This difference in fee only worth when you are asking your dependent to join you and you have 6+ months in expiry of your visa.

Personally I wouldn't do this.

depakgupta
Newly Registered

query re-defined

Post by depakgupta » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks all who replied.

Let me clarify my query. I want to know the status of my wife's visa if I apply my visa first and, say, got it.

Will in this case my wife's visa expires immediately because the base visa (my old visa) is no longer valid? Or will her visa will remain valid till the time printed in her visa?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:21 pm

She will remain legal unless her leave is curtailed (323) or expires, or she's subject to removal.
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:48 pm

She will have to apply before her own visa expires.

If you are applying at PEO, then to save money, you should apply first and after approval, she can apply by post

If you are applying by post, you can apply first yours only, obviously her visa will be expiring before you get your passport back. So she can apply seperately before her visa expires.

When the CW will recieve your wife's extension application, by that time your passport will be in your hands, and they can check their database to find your own extension dates which they will apply to your wife's extension.

There is a £300 difference in fee for applying by post or at PEO. But you get your extension same day, you can plan ahead straightaway and no fear of rejection for nearly four months. If emergency travel is required, you have your passport with you all the time. But main benefit for applying at PEO is that if rejected, you have more chances to re-apply if you find any weekness in your application which is coverable by re-applying. You can get quick PEO appointment through a good solicitor or atleast you can resend your application by post.

In case you are 100% sure that you decision will be overturned in appeal, then you should go with appeal option.
lets get together for migrants' rights

abhishek-m
Newly Registered

Post by abhishek-m » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:41 am

As Shamir said, you could essentially do this only if you yourself Apply in person and then apply for your dependents separately via post but then effect savings are decreased by 300£ as applying in person for yourself would cost 300 more than what it takes by applying by post.

If you apply via POST for yourself it is unlikely that you will have your passport and visa back before visa expiry dates so applying for dependents separately via post in such case is ruled out.. also, given current processing times its a distant dream.