ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted at Croydon PEO - 24th Sep ! HSMP + Tier1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vikas_raghunath

ILR granted at Croydon PEO - 24th Sep ! HSMP + Tier1

Post by vikas_raghunath » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Entry Clearance date (HSMP) : 18-Oct-2007
Entered UK : 22-Nov-2007
Switched to Tier1 ( Extended visa ) : 18-Oct-2009

Have been in permanent employment since coming into UK.
So mine was a straightforward case.

My appointment was at : 10:40 AM
Security check done at : 11:05 AM
Card payment done at :11:50 AM
Biometric done at : 12:30 PM
Called by the caseworker : 01:20 PM
Case worked approved ILR : 02:50 PM

Documents submitted:
12 months payslips
5 year P60
12 months bank statement
Letter from employer
Life in the UK Pass certificates ( for me and my wife)
Cohabitation documents for the past two years ( electricity bills, water bills, council tax bills for the last two years )
And photocopies of all of the above

Case worker was very polite and helpful .

Thanks for everyone who post in the forum and giving everyone valuable guidance needed to apply for the visa.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Congratulations Vikas. I was readind one of your previous post regarding employer letter.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#675669

Did you provide employer letter from yourself or CW asked for it. Also 5 years P60, did you submit as part of your income proof or Cw asked for those.

Thanks

vikas_raghunath

Post by vikas_raghunath » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:06 am

arifahmmed wrote:Congratulations Vikas. I was readind one of your previous post regarding employer letter.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#675669

Did you provide employer letter from yourself or CW asked for it. Also 5 years P60, did you submit as part of your income proof or Cw asked for those.

Thanks
Hi Arif,

Case worker did not ask for anything really !
He just said, give me all the supporting documents you want to give !

I gave him the documents that i listed in the original post.

It looked like he was only interested in the payslips and bank statements ...... thats all he actually verified.

nmm

Post by nmm » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:25 am

Congratulations vikas_raghunath,

Did the bills you provided were PDF printouts or pre-printed bills received from supplier?

Tanya2012
Newly Registered

Post by Tanya2012 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:47 am

Hey Many Congratulations Vikas! :)

Did you calculated salary points from Gross Income?
And When could you actually successfully book your appointment at croydon PEO - for how long you kept trying?

Many Thanks!
Tanya

vikas_raghunath

Post by vikas_raghunath » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:41 pm

nmm wrote:Congratulations vikas_raghunath,

Did the bills you provided were PDF printouts or pre-printed bills received from supplier?
The bills I gave were originals provided by the suppliers

vikas_raghunath

Post by vikas_raghunath » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Tanya2012 wrote:Hey Many Congratulations Vikas! :)

Did you calculated salary points from Gross Income?
And When could you actually successfully book your appointment at croydon PEO - for how long you kept trying?

Many Thanks!
Tanya
Yes points were calculated based on gross salary over last twelve months
I had booked the appointment on the midnight of 12 the Aug.... Exactly six weeks before yesterday.
I started trying at about 11:45 and could complete the appointment at about 12:45

depsnitz
Newly Registered

Re: ILR granted at Croydon PEO - 24th Sep ! HSMP + Tier1

Post by depsnitz » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi Vikas,

First of all many congratulations to you and your wife. I am sure you must be relieved now.

My case is exactly as yours:
Entry Clearance date (HSMP) : 19-Oct-2007
Entered UK : 25-Oct-2007
Switched to Tier1 ( Extended visa ) : 19-Oct-2009
PEO appointment : 01-Oct-2012.

I have been in the same employment since Feb-2008 and will be submitting almost same documents as you have. I have few question and appreciate if you can answer them for me please.

1) Reference letter from the employer: Can you share what was the format and contents of the letter which you submitted. Did the you ask your HR to mention the Gross and net pays for the last 12 months?

I was just intending to get a letter stating I have been continuously employed since Feb-2008 and drawing a salary of £xxxxx per annum as I have all original payslips and the relevant bank statements showing the exact net amount being paid into my bank account.

2) For cohabitation evidence - I just have council tax letters for the last 5 years, which shows both me and my wife's name. All other bills have only my name. Do we need more that one proof or just one is ok? i did not see any mention for providing more than one proof (specifically reading 7th item in section 11A).

3) Lastly, under section 11 of the form relating to documents - Did you fill in the section 11G or just 11A and 11L? For 11L which specific documents will meet the requirements- i don't see anything mentioned under your documents submitted list?

Thanks in advance and congratulations again
Deepak
vikas_raghunath wrote:Entry Clearance date (HSMP) : 18-Oct-2007

Documents submitted:
12 months payslips
5 year P60
12 months bank statement
Letter from employer
Cohabitation documents for the past two years ( electricity bills, water bills, council tax bills for the last two years )

Thanks for everyone who post in the forum and giving everyone valuable guidance needed to apply for the visa.

vikas_raghunath

Re: ILR granted at Croydon PEO - 24th Sep ! HSMP + Tier1

Post by vikas_raghunath » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:36 pm

depsnitz wrote:Hi Vikas,

First of all many congratulations to you and your wife. I am sure you must be relieved now.

My case is exactly as yours:
PEO appointment : 01-Oct-2012.

I have been in the same employment since Feb-2008 and will be submitting almost same documents as you have. I have few question and appreciate if you can answer them for me please.

1) Reference letter from the employer: Can you share what was the format and contents of the letter which you submitted. Did the you ask your HR to mention the Gross and net pays for the last 12 months?

I was just intending to get a letter stating I have been continuously employed since Feb-2008 and drawing a salary of £xxxxx per annum as I have all original payslips and the relevant bank statements showing the exact net amount being paid into my bank account.

2) For cohabitation evidence - I just have council tax letters for the last 5 years, which shows both me and my wife's name. All other bills have only my name. Do we need more that one proof or just one is ok? i did not see any mention for providing more than one proof (specifically reading 7th item in section 11A).

3) Lastly, under section 11 of the form relating to documents - Did you fill in the section 11G or just 11A and 11L? For 11L which specific documents will meet the requirements- i don't see anything mentioned under your documents submitted list?

Thanks in advance and congratulations again
Deepak
vikas_raghunath wrote:Entry Clearance date (HSMP) : 18-Oct-2007

Documents submitted:
12 months payslips
5 year P60
12 months bank statement
Letter from employer

1) There was a format of the employer reference letter as a sticky topic in the forum, please have a look. I dont have the link of that , or I would have put that link. I asked for that format with my employer, but they ended up giving a format of their own ! My employer reference just stated that I work in their organisation from my joining date till now ! thats it ... for any further information they had given a phone number to contact .

2) For cohabitation documentation, you need evidence from atleast 3 Sources, covering a period of 2 recent years.
In my case luckily all utility bills had my wife's name too. So it was easy in my case.
If you dont have that , dont worry, any official letter to your wife showing the same address would do. For example , rental agreement is one kind of proof, Your wife's bank statement is another proof, If your wife is working, her P60 would be another proof, If you have received any letter from NHS, or your electoral registration letter from the council etc.

3) I filled 11A, 11G and 11L

11L is nothing but proof given for 9A ( bank statements and payslips to prove your earnings)

I hope this helps.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:44 am

Hi vikas_raghunath, thank U for explaining about P60. You filled section 11A, 11G and 11L. I thing you applied under tier 1 (SECTION 3 - WHICH CATEGORY) and 11G is for those who applied under Highly skilled migrant. Could you explain.
Thanks

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:47 am

Yes, now i am confused about 11G as well :P

The form says

All applicants must provide the relevant documents specified in 11A. You must also provide the relevant documents specified in 11B to 11V for the category in which you are applying

So it should be one category in which you are applying which in our case would be Tier1 General? ... 11A & 11L?

depsnitz
Newly Registered

PEO appointment on 01st Oct

Post by depsnitz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:12 pm

My application has been successful.. Thanks everyone for helping me out. There have been several occasions in my 5 year journey when I have looked at this forum to find answers to all my questions which I have struggled with. Really love this forum.

Here are my details:

Have been in permanent employment since coming into UK and with the same employer.

Booking an Appointment Process:
1. Calculated the earliest date which I could attend the appointment which is 28 days before my first entry date. This was coming to be 27th Sep. But I chose to go there on 01st Oct.
2. Calculated 42 days before the desired date of appointment. This was coming to 20th August.
3. Midnight of 20th August 00:00 I logged on to UKBA's website and kept refreshing the page for booking an appointment.
4. At 00:10am appointments were available and was able to book for my desired date of 01st October (I think it takes 10 - 15 mins for the server to refresh and show available appointments for the 42nd day)

On the day of appointment:
1. Appointment at Croydon : 12:00 PM
2. Reached at: 11:35 AM
3. Security check done at : 11:40 AM
4. Card payment done at :11:50 AM
5. Basic checks on passport and Data entry: 12:15
6. Biometric done at : 2:10 PM (For my 2 year old only photograph was taken and no biometrics)
7. Called by the caseworker : 4:00 PM
8. Case worked approved ILR : 5:00 PM

At point 5 and point 7 above no questions were asked at all.

Documents submitted:
Application Form
Photographs
Appointment Letter

Life in the UK Test
HSMP Approval
TIER-1 Extension Application letters received
Co-Habitation Proofs - Council Tax (5 years), Tenancy Agreement (last 2 years), Bank Statements (Last 2 Years)
Marriage Certificate
Birth Certificate Long

Graduation Degree Certificate (Even though these were not required)
English Letter
Official Transcript

12- Months Payslips
5 Years P-60
5 Years P-11D
12 Months Bank Statements
Letter from employer

Travel Details (In and Out from UK - on a spreadsheet printout)
Passports

Photocopies of every document listed above including every page of passports (Current and previous for all applicants)

Application form specifics:
1. Only checked 11A and 11L

When Case worker called us at 4pm she asked for application form, passports, all originals, photocopies and just asked us to take a seat. She spent 1 hr looking at our documents. After that she called us and handed back all the originals with a letter stating ILR had been granted. Now I am just waiting for my Biometric cards to come.

Piece of advice: It will take a minimum of 4 hours to process your application. So ensure you have your smartphones or tablets fully charged to watch some movies or read some books :)

Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:16 pm

many many congratulations. I am on same category and will apply in Novermber for ILR. I am confused about 11L section

could you please look this thread and tell us what you thought before submitting your ILR on that 11L and what evidence you prepared particular for that point.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#715551

regards