ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen with Non-EU Building future in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DanielL
Newly Registered

EU citizen with Non-EU Building future in Ireland

Post by DanielL » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:55 pm

hello my name is Daniel and originally I come from Poland, but for the last 8 years I work and live in Ireland, and I'm planning to stay here.

2 years ago I meet love of my life, she is from Filipins, we decided to get married in February next year. After marriage we both decided that Ireland is the country where we want to build our future together.

(I visited her once in her home country, but she never visited me in Ireland)

I know about EU Directive 2004/38/EC, with will apply to my case, and I know that before she will be able to join me in Ireland we will need to apply for her Visa. I'm trying to find the details information about all I need to do, but it turns out to be more difficult than I originally thought.

My questions regards possible complications, in the process, and her rights regarding her job permits.

I would also appreciate for any information regarding money aspect. The job market is not great in these days, my work hours are cut and my income shrink, could this affect the whole situation of her moving to Ireland?

Also will she need any extra documentation with her? I'm asking about stuff like her medical history and vaccine history? Will we need our "relationship history" like e-mails, text messages, photos and other stuff. Someone told me that it will be necessary.

Or maybe I over thinking this? And everything will be straight forward? Marriage >>> Visa application >>> She fly to Ireland?

I will be grateful for any response.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:13 am

Have you read this? Looks like you may have Permanent Residence already (8 years work). If so, she will be able to live with you easily enough.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/Notice.do?mode ... words=null

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:20 pm

You can apply for a Permanent Residence certificate by filling EU2 application form.
That could make things easier.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

DanielL
Newly Registered

Post by DanielL » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 pm

Thank you for answering my question.

I did apply for EU2, and I hope I they will not make any problems about it, I was unable to send them my bank statements for the period of 5 years !!! which was ridicules, my bank charge 2.50 per page !! so this would cost 3000+ I only send the recent bank statement and signed letter stating that all my income come from my work place where I work for 6 years now and they can see all my income from my P60 ....

Other stupid thing was to prove that I am insured .... I never got any insurance because I always felt that this is personal preference and nobody can force you to insure....
I really hope they will not make a big deal about it.

Anyway my other question is about, what to do after marriage. After marriage in Philippines I will take the certificate to the Polsih embassy to legalize my marriage.

Than when I will finally decide to bring my wife to Ireland where I need to go? Will she need go to the Irish embassy in Philippines? or I will need to go somewhere in Ireland and apply for visa in her behalf?