ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor for a dependent visa after getting married in the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

trunghlt
Newly Registered

Sponsor for a dependent visa after getting married in the UK

Post by trunghlt » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:30 pm

So I am under tier 2 and I'll get married with my gf (who is under student visa) soon. I am just wondering after we get married, can I sponsor for my wife to stay in the UK as a dependant ? If so, what type of visa she should apply for ?

Best regards,
Trung

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Sponsor for a dependent visa after getting married in th

Post by makky86 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:42 pm

trunghlt wrote:So I am under tier 2 and I'll get married with my gf (who is under student visa) soon. I am just wondering after we get married, can I sponsor for my wife to stay in the UK as a dependant ? If so, what type of visa she should apply for ?

Best regards,
Trung
She will have to leave country and apply from her original country (Pakistan,Indian,Bangladesh etc) . She will get entry clearance.

trunghlt
Newly Registered

Re: Sponsor for a dependent visa after getting married in th

Post by trunghlt » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi muhdkhokhar, thanks for the reply. Could anyone confirm this please ?
muhdkhokhar wrote:
trunghlt wrote:So I am under tier 2 and I'll get married with my gf (who is under student visa) soon. I am just wondering after we get married, can I sponsor for my wife to stay in the UK as a dependant ? If so, what type of visa she should apply for ?

Best regards,
Trung
She will have to leave country and apply from her original country (Pakistan,Indian,Bangladesh etc) . She will get entry clearance.